V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just Wanna Ride
96 Posts
Man, that's scarry. Hope you're OK. Have an 09 Ultra as well. Front wheel bearings were toast at 17,000 miles. Just changed rear tire at 22,000 miles. Of the four rear wheel bearings, the one on the rotor side was getting kinda rough. Changed all four. There is an updated part number - 9276A. Don't know whether they actually improved on the original bearing or if it's just a manufacturer change. Just one more thing to keep and eye on and another reason to do your own services. Like so many here have stated before, nobody takes better care of your bike than you.

·
I HATE 'bing'...
1,011 Posts
Man, that's scarry. Hope you're OK. Have an 09 Ultra as well. Front wheel bearings were toast at 17,000 miles. Just changed rear tire at 22,000 miles. Of the four rear wheel bearings, the one on the rotor side was getting kinda rough. Changed all four. There is an updated part number - 9276A. Don't know whether they actually improved on the original bearing or if it's just a manufacturer change. Just one more thing to keep and eye on and another reason to do your own services. Like so many here have stated before, nobody takes better care of your bike than you.
Anybody know if an H-D Service Bulletin has been issued for this? I haven't seen one...

Tri

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My 08 Softy rear bearings fell apart at 24K. I also checked the fronts and they were on the way out too. Then at 40K I had to do the rears again. Went with All Balls this time. (Insert joke here)

·
Super Moderator
20,916 Posts
You guys with the early failures on safety related stuff should document your repairs and then write a complaint letter to the DOT in DC. The MC should be recalling these bad brgs before someone gets killed. You can bet if this was happening on a car or pickup, there would be a recall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts