·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
machinist said:
Cold
Snow on the side of the road.
Only a little ice.
It was a great day to ride.
Same forecast here...the delinquents rode today...

·
Retired
1,832 Posts
My street is snow covered,except for in front of my house,which is bare pavement. Now if I had the energy to clear another 500ft,I could ride on bare salted pavement in 20 degree temps.:badmood:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
machinist said:
Whats a delinquent?

You mean who are the delinquents?

Answer: Northern Virginia VTF members that ride together. :yes:

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I had to go out again today. I hung around 'til the OL could not take me anymore and then asked if she needed any errands run. "Sure dear, I'll take the bike." Most of the ice and snow is off the roads and the snow melt and salt is diminishing again. I went out just to warm up the Big City Thunder baffles again. It was in the low 40's in the sun but in the 30's everywhere else. Not too bad for cruising though.

What got me today was the wind. I was winding it up in 3rd to feel out the power curve and just as went over 6KK (just shy of 90 maybe) I got nailed with a huge cross wind. It is a crazy feeling losing your line at that speed. If it's not the sand that piles up in the intersections, or the cars who don't give a damn about the year of physical therapy they are about to cause you, it's coming over a hill going from sun to shade and seeing 50' of ice or the 86 year old who forgot to defrost her windows before plowing into your tail lights at the first intersection they come too.

All that aside, a great day to ride.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
=devil= No ice, no snow, but bitter cold. Better days for riding the sofa and the old lady.

Lefty

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
wehohl said:
Snow and Cold. Bad day to ride!!!!

:sucks:
Well, hi there neighbor. I get the same treatment over here in Erie. In fact...it's snowing right now. :badmood:

·
Registered
507 Posts
30 with a 25 degree wind chill, this morning.....little frost on the road....not too bad when dressed for it.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Looks like the forecast is for the 40's again this weekend...hide your kids lock up the ole' ladys...the delinquents may be in your neighborhood soon...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts