V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am doing this backwards...made my first post in the Lady's Lair. Never been one to follow instructions. Anyway my first Bike I can remember was a blue Schwin Stingray with a banana seat and slick tire in the back...that was the trend in the late 60's...kind of like the fat tire trend now...funny how things change but stay the same. My first bike with a motor was a Honda 90 trail; I bought in 6th grade and used all my savings from my paper route to buy it. It had two sprockets...one huge one in the back for climbing...you had to unbolt it and move it over on the smaller sprocket. I never used it mainly because it made you go slower. Second motorcycle I bought when I was in high school was a Yamaha 125 street/dirt...rode that bike in the dirt until it wouldn't run. I have an older brother who graduated high school in 68...we both loved motorcycles but Dad wouldn't let us have a bike for the road...I could never understand it...but do now since I have 4 of my own. Soon as he left home at 18 my brother bought a brand new Sportster....ever since that day I always dreamed of having a Harley. He has two HDs now (Road King and Road Glide). After getting hitched and having a family I couldn’t really afford a Harley. Took me about 10 years to save for this one. I bought it used in 97. I've always loved biking of any kind. I raced Mountain bikes competitively for years and own 3 road bikes and 2 mountain. The only thing I struggle with now is trying to decide what to ride…should I pedal or cruise?………sometimes I do both.

TD

PS… oh yeah …….you think I have it bad…my brothers first name is Richard…he goes by Dick

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
welcome tdickman... your poor bro. for sure... I bet he catches all kinds of off the wall remarks... have fun here and post often...

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Yo yo yo,

What it be Tee Dee?

Welcome to the forum! Lotsa great folks 'round here. Enjoy...

P.S.

That's a sweet Bad Boy ya got there!

SS

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome TD,

Oh, I was looking at a used Bad Boy for a while just couldn't swing it at the time, very nice bikes.

I could see how you bro could hear some off the wall stuff. And I sure you heard you share of comments growing up too.

Welcome to the board look forward to your posts,

Dave

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome tdickman, i'm sure you'll "fit" right in...... I lurk about also

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Welcome tdickman.
Enjoy!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts