V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know what made me do it. April Fools day of this year, I traded my 2000 FLHTCUI in on an '02 Pearl Flash Yellow Honda GL1800. I was suckered in by the raw power.

I never bonded with the bike. It has too much plastic and not enough substance, whines alot and gets blown all over the road when trucks pass. Mine overheated alot. Never found a comfortable position to ride or to mount any hi-way pegs. Standard windshield wind protection is really bad.

Saturday, we saw the light and returned to the fold. Bought a beautiful held over 2002 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide in Sinister Blue and Ice. The bike had Kerker's, the Stage 1 kit, the big luggage rack, and lots of chrome extras. The bike had been in the military PX system and even has a cigarette lighter.

I am lovin' it ... had stock pipes before and the sound of the Kerker's is great. Seems like lots more power from the Stage 1 and I can really feel the difference from the chassis improvements made on the 2002 ... feels really stable.

Can't wait till break-in's over so I can go faster than 55 mph!

UltraClassic
Sunny South Florida

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Welcome back! Didja learn a lesson there son?:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big time lesson learned ... buy the real thing! Chrome covered plastic fake goods, no matter how flashy, are still chrome covered plastic fake goods.

UltraClassic

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Hehe.
When I had my metrics I SWEAR that when I polished them they even FELT hollow and fragile under the cloth.
Something about the temperature I think.
There is something un explainable that happens to my inner soul when i shine up my Superglide.
ohhhh ummmm Gotta go!!!!!
LOL

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Hi Ultra, as you will see in my signiture, I can't wate till I get my first Harley:cool: If you go over towww.gl1800.org and post just what you posted here, they would slam your a$$ big time over there, just what I want to do is spend $18,000 on a bike that I have to take a chance on if it will ever over heat or not:rolleyes: ya right, I think Honda is or will lose alot of custumers with the over heating thing but piss on them, glad you are here:cool:

·
Registered
686 Posts
One thing that I always wondered about the gold wing is way they call it a touring bike when it doesn't have floor boards, and I don't want a car engine under me I don't care how much hp it has.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seemed even more car-like once I put the big vented Tulsa windshield on. It stopped the wind buffeting but that's when it finally hit me that this big ol' fast truck was never going to be a motorcycle!

UC

·
Registered
62 Posts
Take it from someone who owns a Goldwing, you make the right choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts