V-Twin Forum banner

Back from Daytona

747 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sprung 
#1 ·
Great trip. Lots of fun and sun. Rode the Springer down to see the 200. The Buells were competitive and running 8th to 15th while they lasted. O.K. for their first race. Looks promising for the rest of the season. Met some great people and Erik Buell showed up at the BBQ we had Saturday night. Rode hard the trip home. 489 miles in 9 hours including an hour lunch stop at the Cracker Barrell. I guess the Springer is broken in now :banana: . Very little oil consumption (1/4 qt. maybe) and ran it very hard. Several hours at 85-105 mph stopping only for gas. The weather was fantastic!

#4 ·
steveusmc said:
Just curious...where can you safely ride 105 mph in this state? Jeez!!!
Steve

I-95. We were going a little faster than most traffic. At one point my firend said "we just passed two radars". I said "where :dunno: " I told him "nobodys goinna pull a HD. Their too slow" :cheers:

Oh, sorry, you said "safely". I don't know the answer. Eveytime you swing a leg over a bike your taking chances with your life. So be it.

#5 ·
Glad you made it down and back safely. You must be in the southern part of NC if its only 489 miles. Its 460 from the northern part of ATL.

Buell is having demo days at TWO in Suches on 4/1 and 4/2. I'm heading up to take a couple out for a ride. I really like the new Ulysses.

#6 ·
thatoldbike said:
Glad you made it down and back safely. You must be in the southern part of NC if its only 489 miles. Its 460 from the northern part of ATL.

Buell is having demo days at TWO in Suches on 4/1 and 4/2. I'm heading up to take a couple out for a ride. I really like the new Ulysses.

I live in Southern Pines. You'll have a ball at the MArch Badness in Suches. I was there last year. I'm supposed to go this year but I'm thinking I'm going bicycle racing that weekend instead. The road's so twistie getting in there that they have to close the road to get the demo truck in. Enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.