V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Click on RIDES & EVENTS and you get printable schedules for bikeweek and the parallel CaveCreek goings on.

The IronHorse on saturday is usually the best ride and ends up at the AHDRA races at Firebird. Anyone intending to take part would be well advised to go to the opening party and pre register to avoid most of the clusterfuck on saturday.
I plan to go on some ride every day of the week except wednesday because we have a performance seminar for industry and media that will kill most of the day. I have a feeling the rides out of CaveCreek will be much better and do not require payment up front which is getting sort of old, but it's a new thing so I guess we'll find out.
Weather should be perfect if you are used to the dry heat. LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HIPPO:
Thanks for the tip. I live in Ahwatukee (Near Firebird), but I might just ride up to Scottsdale in the a.m. just to join the Iron Horse ride. I'm flying in to Phoenix tomorrow night and back out Monday night. Guess I'll just try to pack in as much ridin' as I can over the 3 days.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I think this year they have the big party at Cooperstown on saturday nite.

They usually close the street from America West Arena to BOB to all traffic but bikes. Good tunes and babewatching.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AZBikeWeek is cool! I was only in town Saturday through Monday but I had my fill...Drag racing at Firebird on Saturday - hot bikes (and babes) and a nice laid back crowd. Cave Creek on Sunday - bike show, vendors and beer. Poker Run ending up in Tortilla Flats, on Canyon Lake, on Monday. That was a beautiful ride, nice twisties through the mountains and the weather didn't dissapoint.
Can't wait to get back on Friday. More rides and the big motorcycle show.
....it's all good...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
We have a 350 mile poker run in the morning. Make sure you don't miss the ride on saturday out of Mesa. Westworld rocks, and the "Handlebar Saloon" is a good party. Good band too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will try to make the Saturday ride from Chosa's to Westworld. I'm on a black '02 Fatboy with the 2 into 1 Pro pipe. 5'9", grey hair, short beard (well, that pretty much describes 50% of the riders). Look for me.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Easier to find a green RoadGlide, have only seen one other at the drags during the whole week. My partner rides a really decked out dark purple RoadKing, or ask anyone that looks like a local for Frank & Jack. Everybody knows us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts