V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'am new to the site so pardon any mistakes. i just bought a new 21" r.c.wheel for my 2000 duece with a 90/90-21 avon tire on it.replacing a 21" spoke wheel with a 90/90-21 dunlop on it.the new wheel looks so much bigger on the bike the tire looks way bigger than the old one.i'am wanting that low profile look on the new wheel any advise on why such a different look? thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I learned many, many years ago from racing cars that supposedly same size tires will vary quite a bit from manufacturer to manufacturer even though the size on the sidewall is the same. I am well aware of this now, and usually do my homwork before buying so I know how the dimensions compare to what I may be currently running. I run Avons on my Buell and yes, they were a good bit taller than the Dulops they replaced (same designated size on sidewall). I still prefer the Avon though, and just mounted one up today as they give me the longest wear.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Are you sure the Dunlop was a 90/90? The OE tire on a Deuce was an MH90-21 which is the same size as an 80/90. The Avon 90/90 is 0.4" taller and 0.45" wider than an MH90.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i was told to measure from bead to bead with a tape ruler an just like you say the avon is over a inch bigger than the dunlop. wider and taller i guess that's the difference i'am seeing. do you think the inch can make the look that much different? and you would think all tires would be a little more closer to the same. does any one know what brand of tire has the lowest profile in a 90/-21.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts