V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Racepres is the self anointed sole arbiter of good taste on all things FXR.

Although handgrip tassels would seem to contradict any claim.
Those are not on the Grips... on the levers...and it is a very Long Story
Kinda like the Haters of all Things LTR...
a real MoCo Thing!!!!!
LOL

Oh and it's appointed.... Self Appointed... Now ya got the Spelling Nazi in me coming out!!!

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Now ya got the Spelling Nazi in me coming out!!!
Could be worse. You're not drinking out of the jar....yet.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 70. Didn't care much about the looks of FXRs when they were introduced. Never wanted one until about 3 years ago. Love working on bikes and have redone 3 of them, 2 back to stock and one from a chopper to cafe style. Currently own an FXR & a FXLR, both low mileage 93's. Much more fun to ride than my Road King.

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
653 Posts
Idk maybe its because my fxr's have all been molested pos's. All my harleys have been for that matter, but every time I walk away from the vmax I'm seriously less than impressed with the fxr....

I should clarify, I have never felt like one of my harleys was trying to kill me no matter how hard I tried. The vmax however was a religious experience every ride. Guess I'm young and dumb.

BTW covid has me by the balls so im in a bad mood.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
I guess it's all in what it takes to impress you. The v-max was built for one reason, raw power. Hd hasn't had that in 60 years. Fxr's were about handling and at the time they were built were pretty good, but the foreign bikes have continued to evolve just like their engines have. I don't have the need for go-fast, Now it's more for comfort. That is where HD can shine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
54 here...bought my 1987 FXRS in 1991. First Harley ever, and it was magical to me. I had a great time!
Wait...I’m still having a great time!
Happy Thanksgiving to all...🦃🍽

81 - 93 of 93 Posts