V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
What is the average age of the members in this FXR forum?
I know some of you are quite elderly :whistle: and some are quite young but I wonder what the overall average age is.
I just turned 64 in June
I’m still pretty young. But I read this forum I don’t ride an FXR. I ride a FatBoy.
Oh look I forgot my age.
70 years young

·
WillieWhiskers
6 Posts
What is the average age of the members in this FXR forum?
I know some of you are quite elderly :whistle: and some are quite young but I wonder what the overall average age is.
I just turned 64 in June
Capt Willie Whiskers here, just a young 68 until December. Ride my FXR to work everyday weather permitting. Use my late model Ultra Classic for nights and weekends with my lady. Newer 103" gives he comfort but the "81 80" gives the thump!

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
I’m 41 and trying to buy one in addition to the Wide Glide. Reason I chimed in is two buddies have them and they’re 39 and 40
I say this all the time for those that have fukdbook check Columbus Co NC classifieds. There was a blue FXR had single disk in front sweet for 6k was 8500 in Wilmington I saw the ad on a Saturday apparently somebody had 6,000 cash on them before I could go to the bank. I should have gone and put a down. The compressor crapped out on my truck so I hedged on going. Nothing like a truck with no AC at 106 heat index.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
I got the Saucy wench wound up to about 100mph but a big gust of wind hit me just right and I started to wobble so I let out before she decided to kill me... I typically get her up around 90mph getting around traffic. She really moves compared to my old Electraglide or the shovel, heck she runs out better than my first fxr.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
You had another fxr? There was a thread once about all the bikes members owned. How many types have you had?

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
653 Posts
@captainhook455 yeah, I had the 86 fxrs liberty edition. That was my very first harley.

So far I've had;
86 fxrs
89 flhtc
76 xlch
83 fxwg
And then this 84 fxrs.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
i bought my 82 fxrs, brand new,, i was 26 then.. it was a great feeling to have a brand new, paid for fxrs... it didnt have enough power stock to fall out of a tree, with a good push,,, but,, that was an easy fix...

·
Registered
00 SPCNS FXR S&S 124
11 Posts
Will be 65 in Dec. First new Harley was a FXRS in 1983. I always wanted to "killer" hot rod one so now I ride a special constructed Pro Street S&S 124 Evo FXR. 😀

·
Registered
9 Posts
Realized last week I've owned this bike for one half of my life. Bought new in March 1992 when I was 28. . . (you do the math. . .)
Right Side (SEP 20).jpg

Paul

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Realized last week I've owned this bike for one half of my life. Bought new in March 1992 when I was 28. . . (you do the math. . .)
View attachment 266744
Paul
LOL
Bought my '82 FXRS new as well... Only New H-D I ever bought..
Well Over Half my Life!!!!
I was also almost 30!!!!! But the bike sat on the showroom for a year and a half before I bought it..!!!!

61 - 80 of 93 Posts