V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's where Median Age is more representative - half are above, half are below - one kid or really old doesn't skew it much.
Right, I figured the average age was higher. The vast majority are between 55-74, but there were 3 youngsters at 22, 30 and 38 that lowered the average. I do think the Facebook FXR pages have a wider range of ages.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Right, I figured the average age was higher. The vast majority are between 55-74, but there were 3 youngsters at 22, 30 and 38 that lowered the average. I do think the Facebook FXR pages have a wider range of ages.
Kids Rarely use Forums... FacePlace is the Preference...

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
653 Posts
Gotta say for the record. Nick90 stays far away from social media and such. I trust absolutely no one from my generation. Is all about drama and pissing contests. I gave it all up after the big wheel bagger guys started a bunch of crap with me for riding a 'sportster'

Cap, I know you want an FXR...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
So our owners are either old enough to be the Bike's Parent... or, The Bike is old enough to be the Owner's Parent...
No In between...Them guys must be taking a break to do something more important than a Bike I guess... Whatever that might be.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Gotta say for the record. Nick90 stays far away from social media and such. I trust absolutely no one from my generation. Is all about drama and pissing contests. I gave it all up after the big wheel bagger guys started a bunch of crap with me for riding a 'sportster'

Cap, I know you want an FXR...

Yes.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m 41 and trying to buy one in addition to the Wide Glide. Reason I chimed in is two buddies have them and they’re 39 and 40

·
Loctite Enthusiast
51 Posts
What is the average age of the members in this FXR forum?
I know some of you are quite elderly :whistle: and some are quite young but I wonder what the overall average age is.
I just turned 64 in June
I see that I have averaged 59.5 over the last 20 years, but I’m 70.

·
Registered
75 Posts
54 here...still enjoying the life, turning wrenches, etc. I got a lot to be thankful for.
1987 FXRS needs a tank cleaning and treatment, plus a black box. I bought her back in 1991 when I was 25 y.o. for $5800. I probably could have sold her for $12k at the turn of the millennium. Just bought a table lift to avoid rolling around on the garage floor. The inventor of said table lift gets a gold star!

·
Registered
2 Posts
65. Bought it when I was 39. Still riding the same bike. Wore out one engine and put in a factory reman. Plan to ride it till I'm in the dirt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is the average age of the members in this FXR forum?
I know some of you are quite elderly :whistle: and some are quite young but I wonder what the overall average age is.
I just turned 64 in June
Well, just to tip the curve a little, I'm 77, been riding a real long time. Current bike is an 83 FXR. (Don't trust Evo's, and don't start me about twin cams. <grin>)

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
653 Posts
I got the Saucy wench wound up to about 100mph but a big gust of wind hit me just right and I started to wobble so I let out before she decided to kill me... I typically get her up around 90mph getting around traffic. She really moves compared to my old Electraglide or the shovel, heck she runs out better than my first fxr.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts