V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Just got all the parts and peices to put the passing lights on my 05 RK Custom and relocate the directionals to same. Have looked at the instructions and service manual. Doesn't look to bad, just wondering if anyone that has done it has any tips (or traps I might fall into). The only thing that is a little fuzzy is getting the lights connected to one of the switches behind the headlight. Also don't they get wired so when the highbeams go on, they (the passing lamps) go out? Any help would be awesome.

jjl

·
FOG
82 Posts
Thats not going to work because he doesn't currently have lamps. I would wire the lamps through two relays and two switches. One relay would be tripped with the low beam wire and the other would trip with the high beam indicator wire. One switch would provide power to one of the relays and the other switch would provide power to the other relay. That way you can have your lamps on with either high beam only, low beam only, or both. It just depends on what switches you have on. If you need to know how to wire the relays let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts