V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., I've got an auxiliary lamp kit that's been sitting around that I'd like to install on my 05' Springer Classic. The install process looks pretty straight forward but I'd like to alter the switch wiring. I want to be able to turn the auxiliary lamps on and off at will and not have them switched with the high or low beams. I'm not too experienced with electrical work so I don't want it to get overly complicated. It seems that it should be simple to run the power wire straight to an auxiliary fuse. What am I missing? I am also getting ready to install Chubby Wild 1 Springer Knuckle bars and run the wires internally. I'll problably do both installs at the same time. All comments and suggestions are appreciated.:cheers:

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Looks like you've got it. I'd make the "auxiliary fuse" an inline one that I installed in the power line run straight to the battery. If you put the switch from the kit down low, in the same general area that it would be if you put it in their suggested location on the back of a nacelle, you won't have to worry about the extra wire on the handlebar. I leave mine on all the time. You won't be switching them very often, and I doubt you'll like the look of an added switch up on your handlebars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts