V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to convert the turn only signals on my 2005 Road King to Brake, Tail and Turn. Initially, I thought I would splice into and re-wire them to make it happen and either switch the bulbs to dual filament, or preferably switch them to LED with high and low. I know DOT requires tail and stop to be red so new lenses are in order. HD sells a kit for $70 to do this but it looks like nothing more than a couple red lenses and a wiring harness "y" adapter.

My question is am I better off buying the HD kit for $70, or is it just a rip off and can I accomplish what I want with a little re-wiring. I know the turn signal module is more complex than a simple two prong flasher and I don't want to short it out trying to save $70. But at the same time I don't want to over pay for something that should be fairly simple.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking at the kit it seems to be more than a "Y" it does have a module in-line to give all three functions. And searching the web for other options it looks like it will be best to just pay HD the $70 and plug in and ride. An hours worth of riding versus wiring will be worth the extra cash anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts