V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this installed on my 2003 Fatboy. The module has failed three times. But, I like the idea of having the turn signals be brake lights also. I do not like the turn signals acting like running lights. One thing I noticed is that the mudule for the Heritage does not make the turn signals act like running lights. They are only the blinker/brake lights. Will this module for the heritage work for my Fat Boy?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had the kit on my heritage and when I sold it I removed and put it on my EGC,but it does all three blinks run brake,are you sure there is one that does not have running lights? anyway all fl`s would be the same.Tom...

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Try Biketronics.com. They have a module called Tailstopper that turns rear signals into just brake lights. Good stuff.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
What device are you using? H-D makes a nice 3-way plug and play...I've had 'em on two different bikes...no problems. Remember the 20% off dealers.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
kereed57 said:
I have this installed on my 2003 Fatboy. The module has failed three times. But, I like the idea of having the turn signals be brake lights also. I do not like the turn signals acting like running lights. One thing I noticed is that the mudule for the Heritage does not make the turn signals act like running lights. They are only the blinker/brake lights. Will this module for the heritage work for my Fat Boy?
I have Harley part #91699-99A brake light/turn signal conversion kit on my 2003 Heritage Classic. It just makes the rear turn signals additionally function as brake lights not running lights. I personally wanted to have the rear turn signals also function as running lights so I purchased front(dual element socket) turn signal assemblies for the back. I like having the extra running lights because if the tail-light burns out there are still 2 lights left. The new Harley converter (part #69461-06A) makes the rear turn signals additionally function as brake and running lights. Had the new converter been available in 2003 it would have saved me time and money. Both these part numbers are for the flat style turn signal lens. Part #91699-99A has been discontinued and part #69461-06A has taken its place. Maybe your local Harley dealer might have some old stock and be able to supply you with a #91699-99A. If they don't have one they can access the Harley dealer network and maybe locate one for you that way.
Good-Luck.
Jay

·
Banned
1 Posts
hey I thought I would chime in here 4 yrs late. I put this on my 01 fatboy (easy as pie).
I also think its a good to have the turn signals work as running light because that give the driver behind three different points of reference for distance, and its just more visual light back thereto see. sometimes its hard to judge distance with a bike using just one tail light.

Anyhow; I just noticed that my converter unit had overheated and melted away the plastic cover on one side. It was about 5yrs old and thats how I noticed this thread, I'm looking for a better deal than the typical HD $60.00 plus tax for a $2.00 piece of plastic with HD on it and was Googling the part.
If anyone else has had this situation or knows more about it they can chime in. It might just be the unit I had but it could have caused more problems.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had one on my Heritage Classic that failed a few years ago, and determined that running the 4 ways using incandescent bulbs caused it to get hot and failed. I have had the "new" one on the bike now a few years and have had no problem with it. I also do not use the 4 ways and am now running LED's.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
I had one on my Heritage Classic that failed a few years ago, and determined that running the 4 ways using incandescent bulbs caused it to get hot and failed. I have had the "new" one on the bike now a few years and have had no problem with it. I also do not use the 4 ways and am now running LED's.
6 years and no problems in my Night Train with LED's. I have the older one that added brake lights to the turn signals. I switched the signals to 3-wire and plugged the running light wire into the aux port in the taillight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
are you guys running led with these set-ups? if so what kind? the stock 1156 bulb? I have the unit that makes the 1156 bulb act as the r/b/t. I tried a set from the auto parts store but they just fast blinked.

thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree having the additional running lights within the turn signals gives you additional visibility. Why would you not want that? The more visible you are the safer? Yes?

I had a Turn/Run/Brake light module installed on my bike when I bought it pre-owned and that unit failed several weeks ago. So it lasted about three years and was manufactured by/for Kuryakyn so I bought another one from another manufacturer listed in the link below. I'll see how long this one lasts. It has a five year warranty.

FYI, I am using incandescent lights.

http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm#Street Magic Triple Play

1 - 10 of 10 Posts