V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
What do you guys think is it worth the extra money or just get dyno'd
We must first agree on what "auto tune" means, as it is a term that is thrown around to describe the functions of almost every tuner on the market. I consider the term to mean a device that uses wideband O2 sensors and tunes in real time throughout the operating range. Few tuners will do that, including the PCV Auto Tune, Thundermax, and Rev Perf EMS. These will only auto-tune AFRs and spark advance must be tuned manually.

The PCV-AT is an add-on to the PCV and works well. I used one for two years, then moved to the Power Vision, which by the definition above is not an auto-tune device. T'Max is a direct replacement unit for the stock ECM, and the EMS requires you to send in your stock ECM for re-programming, as the stock ECM will not work with WB sensors. The EMS is also a take-it-as-it-is device, which means you can't perform any interaction with the tune or other functions of the tuner.

Getting it dynoed will mean you'll still have to buy a tuner of some sort, and getting a tune isn't the same thing as getting a good tune, as there are good and bad human tuners out there. From what I've observed the good ones are in the minority, so if you go that route it would be best to get one that has a good local reputation.

Fuel Moto sells most tuners on the market and I would suggest calling them for advice. They'll give you good info without any hard-sell.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
well said.:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts