V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just a short note to say G'day. Im in Perth, Australia and ride a 81 FLH Heritage Edition. Ive been to Sturgis twice (79 FXE from Phoenix and 80 FXWG from Steamboat Springs Co.) fixed all break downs and never used a trailer. Well better not get an argument started.

Pete

Hear no Evo
See no Evo
Ride no Evo

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
pete, welcome to the forum. No aurgument about trailers, as long as I can ride. I' d probably ride so much that I'd forget where i parked the trailer though! LOL. Hey, what about boats?, in case I ever come to visit you? :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on down Fifthgear. Bring your cash and buy a bike down here as our dollar makes them nice and cheap. After all the mayhem Ive caused over there in my 4 visits perhaps its time someone did the same down here

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,panhead_pete!

Glad you joined us from down under!

Is your FLH the original orange & olive green color?It's a curious color combination to say the least,but I think it's a fine looking sled.

I guess us Evo guys are going to have to come up with a witty catch phrase soon to match the old "hear no Evo"....

Enjoy the forum & keep us posted,many of us would love to hear first hand what riding & Harley ownership in general is like in Australia!
guido

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that color scheme does grow on you after a while. Ive only just got it out of storage (5yrs) and had only ridden once before I put it away. After removing the birds nest behind the nacelle and a general clean, carby rebuild blah, blah, blah we fired her up. A quick ride, bit of noise from compensator thought we'd pull the primary and when going over it we noticed that the sprocket shaft play is out of spec. So its in the living room whilst I wait for some $.

This is a similar bike. The seller has offered to look for the emblem off the derby cover for me and has been very helpful. Anyone have ideas where I might find one? Ive listed for them on this forum

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1833895592

Hope you are all safe
Pete

·
Registered
695 Posts
Right On! panhead_pete and Welcome. What's the riding weather like over there right now?
Look forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We get to ride 365. Its getting down to 34 tonight but by 9am I'll be in the surf under the sun. It rains a bit here in winter (now) but it aint Colorado cold. Anyone out there from Steamboat Springs or know that crew up there?
Pete

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've got 2 friends out that way. They live in Colorado Springs and Fountain.
Sounds like you've got it pretty darn good with being able to ride all year long.
When you said 34 is that Celsius or Fahrenheit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
34 F. Its really as cold as it gets and presently (10.13am) its bloody beautiful outside. Just about to go check the surf. Life's a Beach!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds like I need to plan a vacation your way. I think I could get used to some shrimps on the barbie -- ya dig where I comin from?
Do ya have any problems with salt-ty's your way?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Come on down. The bikes are cheap and the women are the best in the world. I used to live up in the Northern Territory and you only swim up there in peoples back yards because of the 'geckos'. There are literally hundreds of crocs and you would always see plenty when ever you went down the river up to 14-15ft. This is not BS. Its the real deal for sure. Just for the record its a beautiful day today again. Not a cloud and the water was beautiful. Life's a beach. By the way they are prawns not shrimps and we rarely put them on the barbie but thats Ok we'll still understand what you mean when y'all (yeah we understand Texan as well as English) come on down. Hope you are all having a great day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts