V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you watch 60Minutes right now 7:00 pm EST

You can watch them bad mouth the U S A. in Afghanistan:thumbsdn:

I wonder how often the civilians get to tell the Taliban stop killing the innocent?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I watched it.
I wonder why the 12 year old boy, who is the sole survivor of his village, hates the USA?
It's hard to put a good face on killing innocent civilians.
This is one of many reasons why war should be a last resort and conducted by people who know what they are doing.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lee Clarke said:
I watched it.
I wonder why the 12 year old boy, who is the sole survivor of his village, hates the USA?
It's hard to put a good face on killing innocent civilians.
This is one of many reasons why war should be a last resort and conducted by people who know what they are doing.
Do you really wonder? C'mon U S bombs killed his family.

Who's puting on a good face. C B S minimized the uncle/target as a thug.

Like he wasn't big enough to go after.

Do you know the source of my anomosity to Islam?

I don't think W is letting us win decisivley.

I do not minimize my harsh views to those who would harm and subjugate us.

did you read my no geneva post?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
knuckleheader said:
Do you really wonder? C'mon U S bombs killed his family.

Who's puting on a good face. C B S minimized the uncle/target as a thug.

Like he wasn't big enough to go after.
I did not watch the show. Let's see if I understand what happened. The target was this 12 year old boys uncle. So to kill him the US bombs the entire village killing everyone except this one kid? #@SasF#

Maybe you would feel better if CBS had minimized the killing of innocent people? Oh well, looks like we made another enemy. That kid won't have to study Islam to learn to hate us.

·
Registered
171 Posts
<<The target was this 12 year old boys uncle. So to kill him the US bombs the entire village killing everyone except this one kid? >>

Damn shoddy work! Too bad they missed the little 12 year old bastard who has probably already been trained how to throw a grenade, fire an RPG and wear a vest to blow his heathen ass to kingdom come just so he can get his 72 virgins.
Kill em all and let God sort em out.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
sniper said:
<<The target was this 12 year old boys uncle. So to kill him the US bombs the entire village killing everyone except this one kid? >>

Damn shoddy work! Too bad they missed the little 12 year old bastard who has probably already been trained how to throw a grenade, fire an RPG and wear a vest to blow his heathen ass to kingdom come just so he can get his 72 virgins.
I have a difficult time attempting to express my disgust without lowering myself to your level but to your credit I came close...

In my mind you are the very animal that you pretend to hate, you just paste another name on it...all the while pounding your chest and calling yourself a patriot...

While I defend your right to spew such filth I'm amazed at how glibly you'd pass such a judgment as death on a child you've never met and it's a real shame that such vile bigoted hatred isn't against the law!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I have a difficult time attempting to express my disgust without lowering myself to your level but to your credit I came close...

In my mind you are the very animal that you pretend to hate, you just paste another name on it...all the while pounding your chest and calling yourself a patriot...

While I defend your right to spew such filth I'm amazed at how glibly you'd pass such a judgment as death on a child you've never met and it's a real shame that such vile bigoted hatred isn't against the law!!!
Oh hell [email protected]:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
In the past, the USA prevailed in wars. Perhaps, because we were on the side of right /God /justice / freedom?
Now we don't.
:dunno:

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Ugggghhhhhh-

I could write a novel on this because during my last deployment to Afghanistan I spent the first 6 months coordinating airstrikes. However I will be brief.

1) We were damn careful to not just let bombs drop if we thought we were going to harm civilians. We use a pretty elaborate process to figure out blast area, etc. However, we weren't always right, bombs sometimes malfunctioned, there was human error, etc. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt an innocent civilian. I dare say none of us involved in the process wanted to harm a civilian. In fact, there were plenty of targets we didn't engage because of our concerns.

2) When forces are in contact (meaning bullets are flying) all bets are off. Taliban overtook homes-- you don't have the opportunity to separate innocents from combatants. It's your choice-- blame us for using every available asset to kill the enemy that is currently shooting at us or hold the Taliban accountable for putting civilians at risk.

I can't imagine stooping to the level of the Taliban. It's a sad part of combat- civilian deaths have always existed and they always will. Combat is complex and there are no easy scenarios. But I know this, killing everything in sight is not the way ahead. This war will not be won by continued, direct combat engagements. If you think that means we're not using every available resource to win, well you don't appreciate the complexity of that environment.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
sniper said:

This is absolutly disgusting. The worst kind of mentality imaginable.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
HiAngle,
As I said at the outset, " This is one of many reasons why war should be a last resort and conducted by people who know what they are doing. "
You, and the rest of our military, didn't start our latest war and, from my experience, the vast majority of you know what you are doing.
What I inferred, from the 60 Minutes segment is that our troops are trying hard to avoid innocent civilian casualties. However, that is impossible in war. That is one of many reasons, we voters shouldn't elect another President like the incumbent. For example, Giuliani, who is another guy who talks tough with other people's guts. *
Born Brooklyn, New York, May 28, 1944

Military service None

Reason Student deferments (Manhattan College 1965; NYU Law School 1968); special deferment at request of federal judge for whom he was clerking.

NOTE: Another " HAWK " who weaseled out of Vietnam.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
You MAY have a point

swmnkdinthervr said:

And then you might not. In Viet Nam as with Iraq and Afghanistan the combatants are often if not more than often children and then the word "CHILD" no longer fits. This is not like WW-2 where the good guys wear one uniform and the bad guys wear another.

War is Hell. At times many bystanders are hit. We bombed downtown Dresden with special FIRE bombs intentionally setting it on fire intending to burn EVERYBODY, same for Tokyo. Point being I assume YOU have never been in any war and don't have a clue.

War is hell, there is a lot of collateral damage. And I'm not saying it's good it is what it is. AND I've caused a lot of collateral damage. Didn't enjoy it but accept it.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
roofeditor said:
And then you might not. In Viet Nam as with Iraq and Afghanistan the combatants are often if not more than often children and then the word "CHILD" no longer fits. This is not like WW-2 where the good guys wear one uniform and the bad guys wear another. One singular child has both been identified as a survivor...not a bomb carrying wild eyed insurgent!

War is Hell. At times many bystanders are hit. We bombed downtown Dresden with special FIRE bombs intentionally setting it on fire intending to burn EVERYBODY, same for Tokyo. Point being I assume YOU have never been in any war and don't have a clue. Apples and oranges, we're involved in occupation and democracy building. I assure you that wouldn't have been acceptable in the occupation of Japan or Germany.

War is hell, there is a lot of collateral damage. And I'm not saying it's good it is what it is. AND I've caused a lot of collateral damage. Didn't enjoy it but accept it. Calling slaughter of nearly a dozen innocents, (no guilt has even been suggested by our own solders/administration for the rest of those killed) to kill one bad guy is pretty rotten odds since we weren't even at war with these individuals...kinda like bombing a neighborhood to kill Capone!!!
sniper said:

You are cut from the same cloth if you agree with the above post no matter what your experience is...simple as that...

·
Registered
14 Posts
sniper said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little ...

Statements like this explain more why the US is in trouble than all the back and forth bickering going on. Well made argument sir ... for the 12 year old's anger.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sure brought out the all lilly livered libs didn't I?
I guess none of you wimpy libs ever had a little vietnamese boy or girl jerk out a grenade and take out one of your buddies and damn near get you.
You bunch of pussies don't even have a clue.
It's time to make a big pile of glass over there.
Sacrifice a few for the good of the many, call it what you want.
All you liberals are just suck ass cowards IMO.
Sick? Yeah, I'm sick of all the worthless liberal trash that's taking this country down.
Just wait til I'm President!

Now go puke some more if your little pink keyboards still work.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
sniper said:
I guess none of you wimpy libs ever had a little vietnamese boy or girl jerk out a grenade and take out one of your buddies and damn near get you.
Sick? Yeah, I'm sick of all the worthless liberal trash that's taking this country down.

I'm glad you continue to post...now it's all up here for posterity...so is this guy a shining example of a hard line right winger????

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
sniper said:

You okay man? You sound like you're off your meds, or maybe you're on the wrong ones....

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
thrasher said:
You okay man? You sound like you're off your meds, or maybe you're on the wrong ones....

He only sees in black and white.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
You are cut from the same cloth if you agree with the above post no matter what your experience is...simple as that...

Swm-

I'm not too sure what to make of your comments. Maybe I am way off base but if you're suggesting that it's all black and white, well it's not. Now while there were very few instances of 12-yr olds shooting at US military personnel, there were still 12 yr olds (and younger) shooting at US military personnel. Do you shoot back? I'll let you think about that. But remember, your choices may be either you or he lives. Yeah, a kid waving a gun isn't necessarily going to be put in the sights of a weapon, but a military aged male had better be damn careful with what he's doing with a weapon because the rules are very different for them. But a 12-yr old carrying an RPG or a PKM-- things change. Age matters, but intent matters a hell of a lot more.

I certainly don't advocate bombing everything is sight and chalking up a few civilian casualties here and there is "ok". But also know that not every strike is clean. You have to act based upon the information you have.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts