V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the latest HOG tales and noticed that the Virginia rally is in Lynchburg. I was wondering if it is, I guess you could say, proper for a member of one states chapter to attend a rally in another state. I got a free one year membership with my last bike purchase and have never even actually been to a meeting. So I don't know the in's and out's of the whole thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can attend any state rally. I would pre register if still possible. This will save you a little money and a line at the rally to sign up. For your money,you'll get a shirt usually and some other goodies,also admission to registered attendees areas only. They usually have 2-3 concerts that the fee will get you into. You don't have to register to attend,but you won't have access to everything they offer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heck yes go. There is usually some award for the one that has come the farthest. Several of us went to one in Alberta a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Two chapters in this area went to the Idaho rally last year and together we had around 120 members!

·
Retired Air Force
339 Posts
Yes go. Preregister also. It will save you a lot of time when you get to the rally.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Does that apply to overseas rallies?

geezerglide said:
Heck yes go. There is usually some award for the one that has come the farthest. Several of us went to one in Alberta a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Two chapters in this area went to the Idaho rally last year and together we had around 120 members!
Going to the 2006 Australia HOG rally, may be in with a chance :yes: darn, that is a BIG picture :hmmm:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, by all means go. That is the entire idea of a HOG rally, kind of a way for the local HOG members to show off their state. Most of us here help out during the Ohio rally and attend the out of state rallys to more enjoy the new surroundings. Check out some local chapters and see if anyone is planning a ride to the VA rally too.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
You have to have your state president call ahead and get permission from all the presidents of the states you're going to be riding through or you'll get stomped. The president of the state where you'll be attending the rally will need to know how long you'll be staying, too.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
MegaGlide said:
You have to have your state president call ahead and get permission from all the presidents of the states you're going to be riding through or you'll get stomped. The president of the state where you'll be attending the rally will need to know how long you'll be staying, too.
Huh ... All I did was sacrifice a goat ... sorry 'Saba ...

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
:roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:
Flatline

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Monstermile said:
I was just reading the latest HOG tales and noticed that the Virginia rally is in Lynchburg. I was wondering if it is, I guess you could say, proper for a member of one states chapter to attend a rally in another state. I got a free one year membership with my last bike purchase and have never even actually been to a meeting. So I don't know the in's and out's of the whole thing.
It's always in Lynchburg...(a little cronyism???)...anywho I've been to the Md event and intent to visit the Pa and WV rallys too...

·
Registered
292 Posts
TomB said:
Huh ... All I did was sacrifice a goat ... sorry 'Saba ...
So that's what I've been doing wrong. I've been sacrificing cats. :bleh:

Goats? Are you sure that wasn't you I saw sacraficing that huge block of cheese?

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
jkane said:
Goats? Are you sure that wasn't you I saw sacraficing that huge block of cheese?
Mounting is NOT the same as sacrificing ... ask Casaba about the difference between mounting goats and sacrificing goats sometimes, he'll fill you in ... :eek:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
TomB said:
Mounting is NOT the same as sacrificing ... ask Casaba about the difference between mounting goats and sacrificing goats sometimes, he'll fill you in ... :eek:
speaking of "mounting" animals there's a subject we know yer well versed in!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
TomB said:
speaking of "mounting" animals there's a subject we know yer well versed in! :unsure:

hog rally? just say no..:dry:

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
sonoffatboy said:
speaking of "mounting" animals there's a subject we know yer well versed in!
In fact, I am ... I have a Tennesse Walker named Apache and a Morgan named Olympus ... just before I step outside to throw a saddle on the Morgan, I always whisper to the lovely bride: "honey, I'm stepping out to mount Olympus" ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts