V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and wondering if anyone is going to the Atlanta Rally July 19-21. I'm going my first time to a rally and plan to leave on July 18th early in the morning. I'm looking for anyone who wants to hook up and ride down from the Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg VA area.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Im not going to make it to the rally but I do plan to attend the party at the ATLANTA HD dealership. Best of luck while riding, may the force be with you . By the way, welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I plan to leave from Fredericksburg at 8AM with the East Coast chapter director. Should take about 9-10 hours to get there. Send me a PM and we can hook up.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Some things people need to be made aware of. I called HOG yesterday to clarify a few points - 1-800-HD100TH(It's TicketMaster, by the way:( )

1. Tickets if HOG member are $55 dollars and this ticket is good for ALL 3 days. If preregistered(too late to do so)they would be $50.

2. Tickets for non-HOG members are $50 A DAY and you can only attend on Sat. July 20 & Sun. July 21. Fri. July 19 IS OPEN TO HOG MEMBERS ONLY.

3. If a HOG member, there are events inside the venue that ONLY YOU CAN ATTEND. SO if you are bringing wife and/or kid(s) and they are not HOG members, they WILL NOT BE be allowed in those events. Don't know about you but I'm not leaving wife out in HOT Georgia July sun(and I live about 20 miles from the track). So this will limit some things you(well, me anyway) can attend. :eek: That means this big ticket price you pay can become limited about what you see.

I know this is supposed to be a big event but go to the H-D Co. website and click on the section about the Open Road Tour and click on FAQ. They make it seem like there is going to be so much fun for you and all - fashion shows, museum displays, bands(okay, that's cool), demo rides(cool there also). But this is actually just advertising for H-D and I'm not happy to have to pay a huge(just my opinion)price for it.

I was planning on attending until I found this out. I have brother-in-law in Wisconsin and we are going up next year for the big party and I may have wife as HOG member by then(if we can get her a bike) and will probably attend that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts