V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then there were the Hippo's real horses.

And a few more friends, about 8 or 9 miles worth accordind to the "chase vehicle"

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another view with PROPER chase vehicle in background.

FifthGear, this is the run I mentioned last week. Attendance was way down due to the extremely cold weather, but we still had an estmated 2400-2500 bikes. We will know the exact number in a few days.

Run went a little over 110 miles, and the only incident was a sporty that ran out of fuel. No problem.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks like a great was had there Hippo. Wish I could join you, maybe next year when I return to the states. Man I miss riding.:(

Dave

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hippo,
Glad you posted these pictures for us. I've been back to this page a few times to look them over again. It sure makes me wish I was there,,,,,sounds like it was a little chilly to start with though.

Later,
FifthGear:)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who sponsored this event?
Fellow's name is W. Steven Martin. He is the DJ at one of the local country stations. He organizes two rides a year, one to benefit families of fallen LE officers and the other a toy run for the same.
The unique twist to these rides is that while he is riding in front, when we have the rest stops which are specifically designed for this, he broadcasts live using a cell phone and if you have a radio on the bike you can hear on the radio what is happening while it is happening to you.
No big thing, but it's different from any other ride.
Listeners are also encouraged to come out and see the bikes, and to drop off toys or other contributions at a chain of gas stations, so the benefits of the ride are quite a bit larger then the number of bikes would indicate.

You can get an idea on what goes on around here on our little local website HERE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts