V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No new bike for me this year. I just got my walking papers. My company is closing my whole division. =(

I get a severance, but I'll need that to live on while I get a new position somewhere else.

I'm fargged. =(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely not lazy. I just don't want to work anymore. I've been working for 30 years. I feel like I have worked long enough. It sure would be great to get a job I could love. Never had one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the sig, Joe. I'm a big flyfisherman too. In fact, I'm working on my application to be a registered NH guide. Maybe the door is open for me now.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hang in there, it's the way it goes lately. Many big corporations are using the current, likely fabricated, conditions to replace loyal long time workers with cheap third world replacements. In this part of the country it's almost impossible to get a decent paying job right now. One of these days consumers will start to get tired of third rate products and services and it will swing back the other way. At least one would hope so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lost job Higmo. Hang in there buddy, something will open up for you. At least you have a severence package. Best wishes in your hunt.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Higmo, sometimes when one door closes another opens. The guide thing may be what your looking for. When I went out in 98,I started out partime stuff till I found something that fit what I wanted to do. Good luck with your search.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Higmo, sorry to hear that. I'm sure that it is a major jolt. I don't even want to think about what I would do if I lost my job. I have worked for the same company for 21 years and 7 years before that at the same place as a contractor. It's all I know and it would be devestating for me to find myself without a job tomorrow. Good luck with finding another one. Hopefully you can even find something that you like better. I'll be thinking about you guy. Keep us posted.

Ken

·
Registered
47 Posts
Higmo,
Man that sucks! I wish you all the best. I think that Ronf has the right idea. Find yourself a new "open door" in a field or area that you like. Use this as an opportunity to finally do something that YOU like. You may not make as much money at first, but if you're working at something that you like to do anyway, money won't seem so important.

When I was in high school, a LONG time ago, I was working as a dishwasher in a resturant after school. I remember driving to the job at night, hating the thought of going to work. I made a promise to myself that whatever career path I chose, it would be doing something that I liked doing. Thirty some years later, I still enjoy going to work everyday, in the career I chose for myself.

It's never too late to start.

Good luck to you my friend. I hope everything works out well for you.

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Higmo,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Take this opportunity to find a job that you truly like. It is really pathetic how companys "clean house" with their most loyal workers. Here in AR it is not uncommon for a 10 year worker to lose his job to a less than min. wage migrant worker. Another popular technique is an in house sell out. Everybody is fired, benefits lost retirement cancelled, and then offered their job back with the new company. The only catch is you start back with less pay, no vacation, and no benefits. Makes the USA look real good doesn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts