V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arlen Ness Big Sucker or the K&N 3909. Which would be better for a Stage II set up? Or do they both do the same.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
i will say this: if i cant get the oil to stop coming out of my k&n i will be getting something else.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobsvic said:
i will say this: if i cant get the oil to stop coming out of my k&n i will be getting something else.
:laugh:
I have the same problem on my K&N and ran a "T" off the breathers and down along the frame. Not sure if the Big Sucker will be better for my new set up with the 525 cams and CNC ported heads. I'm scheduled to get a custom map and dynoed this Thursday

·
Registered
357 Posts
Got K & N

bobsvic said:
I have a K&N on my bike (fxr) and don't have any problems with the oil coming out of it.

I was told from the guy I got the kit from, MAKE DAMN SURE that you DO NOT oil the filter according to the instructions.

Wash out the filter and rinse it. Hold the oil spray about 10-12 inches from the filter, spray at it AS SOON as the first bit of oil hits the filter STOP. Do this is 3-4 places around the filter, you're done.

My bike breathes back through the filter too, and any additional oil of course will soak the filter to the point where it will blow out. I can see where this would make a big mess of things.

Good luck with it.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I like the Doherty setup...That would be my top choice. Although its a little pricey....A very close second for me would be the S/E kit with a zippers air cleaners...Also a very nice setup that wont drip oil down the side of your bike...

The big suckers are not bad, but i have seen one or two crack at the mounting ear.....

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input.
Just looking at the two (K&N and Big Sucker) the Big Sucker looks like it would be a better stage II set-up.

Any other input?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Air Filter

Is there a good filter that will work with the stock hardware or is the stock housing just to restrictive? Thanks

Barney Biker
07 EG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts