V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a noise in my camchest for quite a while now.:huh: My setup is ported/flowed heads decked .060, TW6hg cams, S/E EZ-install pushrods,10.5-1 comp.. I took everything in my valvetrain apart last week and inspected it looking for what might be the problem. The cams show no wear, cam bearings are good, oil pump is fine, .001 lash on the gears, lifters are new, all the spots that needed clearancing for the roller rockers and gear drive are fine. Everything checked out good.:huh: But I did notice I have some signs on the pushrods that they are rubbing on the inside of the tubes. Does anyone have any good ideas how to alleviate this problem?? :huh: Does anyone make tubes that are a bit larger inside?? :huh: I looked at the Arlen Ness "fat tubes" but they are just for show and use the stock inner tubes. Could it be the pushrods flexing that is causing them to hit???:huh: I would think that replacing them with something "stouter" would just aggravate the problem. Any ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just bought a set of the HD Billet ball milled chrome replacements for the stock ones... Wow. They're stout. Pn "info" on the box is 18096-00A. Pretty sweet. Definately aren't going to flex! Includes all the HD O-rings too. Check'em out.

DLR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.