V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fitzdog said:
Gawd I love those things! How do those Rhineharts sound? They look cool. Nice bike.
Thanks! They sound good in my opinion. To me the BUB Rineharts sound better on a Warrior than the 2-1 V&H's. The volume level is loud but not enough to grade on your nerves after extended riding. I have Churchkey's VBAK and you can not hear it at all due to the pipe sound. I get some backfire but hope to minimize that in the future by getting the PC-III dynotuned/mapped.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
heliman --

Don't have a Warrior, but hit rswarrior.com every so often. A friend has one. They're nice-looking machines and I like some of the features as well as how Yamaha gave a v-twin a performance bent. Kind of like that they kept it air cooled too.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FXDRYDR said:
heliman --

Don't have a Warrior, but hit rswarrior.com every so often. A friend has one. They're nice-looking machines and I like some of the features as well as how Yamaha gave a v-twin a performance bent. Kind of like that they kept it air cooled too.
I think Yamaha did a pretty good job with the Warrior. One of the main things was making accessories available as well as upgrade engine components at the time of the bike's introduction. Also it did not hurt to have Patrick Racing involved early on! http://www.patrickracingbillet.com/pages/cruiser-main.html
I think it is soooo cool they are able to turn a 9.161 @ 145.30 from an air cooled cruiser!

Patrick Racing has a new engine for you Harley guys. It is the PR125.
:yikes:

That motor just looks bad to the bone! It is about $16,000 with the supercharger and develops 160 - 170 hp. They even have a soon-to-be-released PR128! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
My son has one, it's a nice bike. He has a pro pipe, power commander,air kit and a primary gear change, and the bike is strong. It's a fun bike. I wish my Harley had it's brakes.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I have a Harley Super Glide, but lately I've been really looking hard at these Warriors. Even considering trading in, they look so sweet. I went to the Yamma-dog dealer today to see if they had any to look at up close. Even more tempting after seeing it in person. How are they to handle? I'm a girl and I have no problem with my Super Glide and I the biggest bike I've ridden is a Road King Classic as far as weight. The most difficult bike I've ridden was a '85 Honda Nighthawk 700S (Which I wish I would have kept). The sweet blue and black one....but 2 people died while they had it so I figured I better not keep it.

The only problem I can foresee is riding around on a Yamaha with a bunch of Harley gear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
knitsocks said:
The only problem I can foresee is riding around on a Yamaha with a bunch of Harley gear.

Yeah that could be a problem, but then again would it?

I try to make a point to not wear HD gear but I was thinking the other day about picking up some new boots that happen to be HD. It's a good deal though that is hard to pass up so I might do it.

Anyways who is gonna say something to me about it right? LOL

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
knitsocks said:
I have a Harley Super Glide, but lately I've been really looking hard at these Warriors. Even considering trading in, they look so sweet. I went to the Yamma-dog dealer today to see if they had any to look at up close. Even more tempting after seeing it in person. How are they to handle? I'm a girl and I have no problem with my Super Glide and I the biggest bike I've ridden is a Road King Classic as far as weight. The most difficult bike I've ridden was a '85 Honda Nighthawk 700S (Which I wish I would have kept). The sweet blue and black one....but 2 people died while they had it so I figured I better not keep it.

The Warrior should be no problem for you. I think I would give it a long hard look though. The superglides are sweet, no as much power or torque as a warrior , unless you do a lot of engine work. What year supereglide do you have?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
ReynoldsS said:
The Warrior should be no problem for you. I think I would give it a long hard look though. The superglides are sweet, no as much power or torque as a warrior , unless you do a lot of engine work. What year supereglide do you have?

I have 2002 Superglide. I went back to the Yamma-dog dealer yesterday to look a little more at the Warrior. Sat on it, listened to it run for bit. I love them more every time I see them. I wouldn't do any modifications to it if I bought one (has enough power as it is). Stock would be just fine with me. I think what I might do, talk my boyfriend into buying one...then I could ride it around whenever I want without giving up my Harley! I think I would really miss my FXD if I got rid of it.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
FXDRYDR said:
Just what I need...:yikes:
Me thinks your wife would kill you. If she didn't that engine in your bike sure would. You could go flying over railroad tracks without even trying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
heliman said:
Thanks! They sound good in my opinion. To me the BUB Rineharts sound better on a Warrior than the 2-1 V&H's. The volume level is loud but not enough to grade on your nerves after extended riding. I have Churchkey's VBAK and you can not hear it at all due to the pipe sound. I get some backfire but hope to minimize that in the future by getting the PC-III dynotuned/mapped.
Well it is a butifull bike.
I'm suggesting you:
record it,:chopper:
host it,:whisper: like here
and share it with us.:thumbsup: :corn:

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
wkohn said:
Me thinks your wife would kill you. If she didn't that engine in your bike sure would. You could go flying over railroad tracks without even trying.
LOL!! No RR tracks for me! I don't like flying "air-Harley"!!

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
FXDRYDR said:
LOL!! No RR tracks for me! I don't like flying "air-Harley"!!
Don't you just love private jokes. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts