• Yes

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 68.0%
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Back in the fiftys the K models were hot rods, then the 900 XLCH sportsters were the kool bike, we were young and didn't want to ride a Hog, that was a grandpa motorcycle. Now I am 73, I still love Sporties but I ride a RGS, and I have a couple of FXRs. My daughter likes to ride the FXR, does that make it a girls bike? Hell No. Motorcycles are meant to have fun with, not make fun of.
This completes my portion of this presentation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
398 Posts
I rode an Iron head coast to coast and back again, after Vietnam.
Nothing wrong with them!
Back then, the little 74-inch twin was a sloth, I mean a SUPER Sloth!
No matter what name they put on the tanks to impress the buyer, it was -s l o w- !
We gear heads laughed at them trying to drag their arses up over the moubtain passes.
Wheeeezing all the way.
We Sporter people were the elitist!
The big twins people were ripping all the crap off their bikes to lookk cool, and we already were.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Motorcycles are meant to have fun with, not make fun of.
This completes my portion of this presentation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
... and once again I want to make clear that I'm not making fun of Sportsters... only the owner's that are so thin - skined that the statement bothers them and are stubbornly determined to prove it is not so. HaHa!
If this bothers you, then... you are probably one of them.

Me & mine back when

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
... and once again I want to make clear that I'm not making fun of Sportsters... only the owner's that are so thin - skined that the statement bothers them and are stubbornly determined to prove it is not so. HaHa!
If this bothers you, then... you are probably one of them.

Me & mine back when

I agree man, I owned 2 and rode an "84 for 13 years, Canada to Florida. Was some good times, but now, older and a girlfriend that likes to ride along, there are better models.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sporters with a Cafe or Bobber kit and a decent set of pipes look and sound pretty good imo.
I don't consider them "girlie Harleys" but what do I know......

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,215 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure I even get the "girl" argument for bikes or anything else. I have met and known some tough chicks in my life. Those tough chicks were certainly tougher than a bunch of the guys I have met and known.

I freely admit that I have had my ass handed to me by a "girl" in a Tae Kwon Do gym more than once. Girls are just as worthy of respect as guys are.

Carry on...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in The City. The 883 is just enough to climb some of the hills we have here.

Good for maneuvering in city traffic and lane splitting. It's in a comfortable seating position with mid control, as opposed to smaller sportsbikes. A larger, heavier bike may be an advantage for long road trips. My bike is a city bike. My bike is not what makes me a man. If someone needs a big, heavy bike to be a man........that's beyond my level of comprehension. I don't have a degree in psychology.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure I even get the "girl" argument for bikes or anything else. I have met and known some tough chicks in my life. Those tough chicks were certainly tougher than a bunch of the guys I have met and known.

I freely admit that I have had my ass handed to me by a "girl" in a Tae Kwon Do gym more than once. Girls are just as worthy of respect as guys are.

Carry on...
If we ever meet remind me to never get you mad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my car, I have a rifle with a short barrel, short flash suppressor, and a collapsible butt stock. Small. Light weight. More maneuverable. Sort of like a chopper. Take off what you don't need. No fancy lighting, laser, scope, noise suppressor, match grade barrel, bipod, or any other fancy accessories. It still fires a .223 round, and accepts all of the extended magazines. In an urban environment, it's fine for close quarters, small rooms, narrow hallways, bath house saunas, bar rooms, restaurants, bank vaults........ and it hurts just as much when I shoot you. Is that a girl's gun?

Let's try to keep this discussion away from guys who are wearing girl's pants. Then it quickly goes down the rabbit hole. Next we'll be discussing guys who wear girl's shoes. Then it ill quickly turn towards heels, pumps, floorboards, foot pegs, heel-toe-shifters, forward controls......

161 - 174 of 174 Posts