V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the prices and scarcity of ammo, any of you that reload having problems getting any items???

·
Registered
2013 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
53 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, having a hard time finding .45 Auto load in Californy, I did find some in Reno, NV.
I had to take the Truckee Californy Back roads to avoid the State line Check point.

LEE Pro 1000, Loading 45 ACP looked like a sweet machine.

·
not sober all the time
5,763 Posts
Powder and brass are somewhat available but you may need to shop around to find your favorite powder. Primers are non-existent and bullets are pretty scarce.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, having a hard time finding .45 Auto load in Californy, I did find some in Reno, NV.
I had to take the Truckee Californy Back roads to avoid the State line Check point.

LEE Pro 1000, Loading 45 ACP looked like a sweet machine.
Checkpoints to cross into Cali?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Checkpoints to cross into Cali?
Yes , Californy Border Crossing Check points better know as
California Border Protection Stations
Becuase Buying Ammo in Nevada is the felony for Californy citizen, I'm not taking anymore Chances at the CA border. ATF can and do surveillance on reno, NV gun shops looking foe Californy License plates.
Then if a Californy person Comes out of gun store with a gun or ammo they call a head with the Ca License Number to California Border Protection Stations.

The California Border Protection Stations have a license Reader there to pick up the called in license and alert the CHP at the station to pull you over.
So in the town of North/east Truckee CA You can turn off the Interstate 80 before the California Border Protection Station
at Boca turn off and take the back roads to down town Truckee then get back on Interstate.
To avoid a Felony it is worth it, it's only 5-10 minutes longer to take the back roads,
And you could stop and have lunch.

·
Registered
165 Posts
1- Wow! Didn't know such things were happening here.

2 - FWIW, don't think I'd be screwing around sidestepping such laws and risking a felony gun violation. Nothing to take lightly.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what you get with a state that has Kameltoe in a power position

·
Registered
53 Posts
1- Wow! Didn't know such things were happening here.

2 - FWIW, don't think I'd be screwing around sidestepping such laws and risking a felony gun violation. Nothing to take lightly.
Ammo Violation, I'm Not worried I know the Back roads pretty Good. Plus if you Keep a Ammo receipt with you from Californy They can't prove ****.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts