V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising Youtube the other day found a video discussing FXRT fairings. I've actually kinda sorta been looking for one in the right price range but when you add it all up, it runs over $2000 for a decent fairing, brackets and doo dads. I'd like to have one, but right now, the banker won't let go of the cash.

Love or hate FXRT fairings

The Dyna guys are snapping them up.

Greg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Man, cash is just strapped everywhere. Some of the bikes & parts I've seen come up for sale, for so little cash. It's almost sin for the guy to sell it so cheap, but also a sin for me not to buy it at that price. Still I can't spare the cash to do so.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Can you try before you buy? I've never experienced one.
How much do they weigh? Enough that you need stiffer springs?
I saw a mint one with all the components on E-bay with a buy it now price of $4999. Yowch.

journeymanjohn - Beginning in Dec. prices are generally at their lowest of the year on used bikes IMO.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I doubt it's "passing". Guys are putting them on baggers right and left, on the new LowRider S too. I've had batwings and a couple roadglides, including the latest revision of the RG fairing. IME the FXRT/P fairing is the best of the bunch. YMMV.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,828 Posts
FXRT fairings are just fine.

Just fine until the day your ride a FLTRU. Then after that, they are never quite as fine again.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can you try before you buy? I've never experienced one.
How much do they weigh? Enough that you need stiffer springs?
I saw a mint one with all the components on E-bay with a buy it now price of $4999. Yowch.

journeymanjohn - Beginning in Dec. prices are generally at their lowest of the year on used bikes IMO.

Most hilarious thing I have read all day.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Well Greg before I spend $2,000 on a faring and brackets I would go buy a used boat, Silverado, couple pounds of pot, or find a used faring at a decent price. Depending on your location I find that used bike and parts are cheaper in February. I shop eBay usually and it will be awhile before riding season so plenty of time to wait for the right price. I realize fairings for your bike might be up there and they think they have you by the ballz, but if you wait and cruise ebay you will find what you want at a decent price.2¢

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Well Greg before I spend $2,000 on a faring and brackets I would go buy a used boat, Silverado, couple pounds of pot, or find a used faring at a decent price. Depending on your location I find that used bike and parts are cheaper in February. I shop eBay usually and it will be awhile before riding season so plenty of time to wait for the right price. I realize fairings for your bike might be up there and they think they have you by the ballz, but if you wait and cruise ebay you will find what you want at a decent price.2¢

If you can buy all that for 2 grand, you smoked a pound of that weed already. LOL, or dropped acid.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Second hilarious thing I have read all day. Since you mentioned shopping for bargain FXR fairings on ebay, I will suggest you do a quick search on Ebay for FXRP, FXRT and FXRD fairing during your next ebay session. I predict learning will occur.

My name is Ed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Back in the 80’s and early 90’s I used to see Quite a few of the factory FXRT’s. I wasn’t really a fan at the time.
In the past few years I have seen Dyna‘s with the FXRT style fairing and now I really like the look.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Most hilarious thing I have read all day.
You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?
You find my sarcasm hilarious?

Second hilarious thing I have read all day. Since you mentioned shopping for bargain FXR fairings on ebay, I will suggest you do a quick search on Ebay for FXRP, FXRT and FXRD fairing during your next ebay session. I predict learning will occur.

My name is Ed.
You do realize that Cap was talking to the OP - Gregg55_99 and not you, right?

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
If you can buy all that for 2 grand, you smoked a pound of that weed already. LOL, or dropped acid.
Actually I can buy 2.5 lbs of King Kush in Longs, SC for that kind of money. My drug of choice in the mid 80's was coke although Snoopy's (acid) was good if I could get a whole sheet. Then there was purple meskies, but red meskies was just as good. All of these things are the reason I left NJ to get away from my 'friends', but the real reason is the court in Atlantic Co. said the best thing I could do is leave NJ and don't come back.lol So I had been pot free from 89 to 2010 when I retired at 57. The same day Walmart said bye I bought a bag. Sure I have been offered cocaine and do I want to go in on some more and I said hell nooooo!! If you don't look for it you won't find it.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts

My name is Ed.
True I don't have a fxr so I haven't looked for anything fxr on ebay so I misspoke. I apologise for that. So your name is Ed you poor thang. Fortunately it made me grow up tough fighting kids that called me Mr Ed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
True I don't have a fxr so I haven't looked for anything fxr on ebay so I misspoke. I apologise for that. So your name is Ed you poor thang. Fortunately it made me grow up tough fighting kids that called me Mr Ed.

Yep. Tell me about it.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Actually I can buy 2.5 lbs of King Kush in Longs, SC for that kind of money. My drug of choice in the mid 80's was coke although Snoopy's (acid) was good if I could get a whole sheet. Then there was purple meskies, but red meskies was just as good. All of these things are the reason I left NJ to get away from my 'friends', but the real reason is the court in Atlantic Co. said the best thing I could do is leave NJ and don't come back.lol So I had been pot free from 89 to 2010 when I retired at 57. The same day Walmart said bye I bought a bag. Sure I have been offered cocaine and do I want to go in on some more and I said hell nooooo!! If you don't look for it you won't find it.

Maybe, but you can't get a SUV and a boat too. LOL. Well if they are stolen, maybe.
Happy New Year.

·
Super Moderator
20,828 Posts

Are you really talking about illegal activities on VTwin Forum?

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Maybe, but you can't get a SUV and a boat too. LOL. Well if they are stolen, maybe.
Happy New Year.
Oh, but I can get a boat or suv for 2k down here. Many distress sales here by people that need money today and can't wait until someone pays 4500 down the road. Here is a 01 Silverado I recently bought for 2600. Rebuilt motor and trans with the warranty papers. The op loved this truck and had misty eyes as I drove off. Now I will love it.

Happy New Year to everyone at V-twin.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I doubt it's "passing". Guys are putting them on baggers right and left, on the new LowRider S too.
I've had batwings and a couple roadglides, including the latest revision of the RG fairing. IME the FXRT/P fairing is the best of the bunch. YMMV.
That´s a nice shot with the Alfa in the background.

·
Super Moderator
3,204 Posts
FXRT Fairings have been around since the 1983 model year.
Having said this, what does a "passing fad" mean?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts