V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been on here before. The threads I found where older. I know hd has made changes to these shocks.

I have a 13 eleltra glide classic. Found a set of new 2020 take offs for cheap. I do about 50/50 2 up. Both of us together probably pushing around 450lbs give or take.

Thoughts on ride improvement vs the air shocks which I run about 40 to 45 psi in. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,236 Posts
Sorry if this has been on here before. The threads I found where older. I know hd has made changes to these shocks.

I have a 13 eleltra glide classic. Found a set of new 2020 take offs for cheap. I do about 50/50 2 up. Both of us together probably pushing around 450lbs give or take.

Thoughts on ride improvement vs the air shocks which I run about 40 to 45 psi in. Thanks.
Na, if anything they are worse than the air shocks were. Look at Progressive 444's or JRi if you want to upgrade without spending $900

·
Banned
398 Posts
I have the progressives.
Let's put it this way?
I would never again.
Adding a couple more Benjamins to the mix is probably the answer. and getting real adjustables.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a set of take offs from a new 2019 CVO UL and put them on my 16 UL. I paid $200 with no miles. They work fantastic over the air ride. Corner stability is bang on. We are about 450 with gear. I run the adjuster at 9 for me (18 clicks) and 20 (40 clicks) when we are both on it and packed up. The preload clicker goes to 25.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the 2020 new takeoffs shocks are now installed on the rear. I have about 70 miles. Them. Preload set at 3. Im not hating them. So far I think it was a good switch over the air shocks. Been thinking about doing the front now. That will probably cost me a little more then 100 bucks I have in the rear.

The other half hasn't been on the back yet. Time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts