V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all i havent been on here much. Just popping in to say hi. As most of you know I was in a bad wreck on July 19th. My leg is still pretty messed up. I'm off the walker for about a week now and on a cane. This is going much slower than anticipated leaving me to contemplate if riding two wheels is gonna be in the cards for my future. The knee is still bad, the hip joint is still bad, the bone break area seems much better. But there much nerve damage and dead spots all over my skin on knee area and thigh. Havent given up hope or anything but reality is rearing it ugly head. Still haven't gotten my bike back from impound. The guy who hit me was indicted by a grand jury and the trial is pending. Apparently his side has the right to inspect my bike and until they are done I'm not getting it back. Been contemplating a few ideas for a build if I go two wheels im gonna build it into a custom fixed fairing bagger type build. Also depending on haw much frame damage it has when i get it back. If its a loss I may cut the neck off and use the title and numbers to build a trike. I think I may give the S&Sb124" motor to my son for his 93fxr since his has a revtech and build a crazy v8 trike. Love the 70's style trikes. Found this one and I just love the whole look of it. Don't see a need for dual axles but it looks sick. Would love to do a build based on this type of trike. Either way and no matter what the future holds I will not stop riding but may need to change up designs...hope everybody on here has been good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Glad you are healing. The older we are, the slower the healing process (generally speaking). Sounds like you have a healthy attitude. Nice that you are planning for the near future and beyond.
That's quite the trike, not to mention the pants and boots the young lady has on. Looks like a honda 4 banger.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I hear you, not healing like I used to..im 50 now definitely feeling all the past abuse. Yes it does look like a Honda motor possibly. I just figured the cool factor of the 8cyl plus a trans with reverse would be mandatory on something that big. Figured I could rum the coolant through the lower frame rails to keep it clean looking put dual fans and radiator to the rear behind the axle. Exhaust stacks would be awesome too. Just kicking stuff around.

·
Super Moderator
20,643 Posts
I'm not surprised that the injuries are lingering, the older we get the longer it takes to heal up.

I've been about 13 months now, and its become pretty obvious that my knee is not going to get any better. Just too much arthritis there before the crash. At least the way insurance works here, I had my scooter replaced in less than 3 months. But still haven't settled on the personal injury part.

Hang in there, and if two wheels dont work out for you, I think you have the skills to do something awesome with three or four. Maybe a tilt steer reversed trike.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh damn you crashed ? Did not know that. Sorry to hear about the knee.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
I can relate to slow healing with age. And I didn't even need to crash to find that out.

Good luck with the healing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Good to hear from you Arcangel. Stay positive, the body is pretty good at self fixing, unlike an FXR. I had a hand injury that wasn't very serious, it took over 5 years to heal, but it did.

Reactions: ArcAngel

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Oh man, I didn't know. Very sorry, but at the same time very glad you are still with us. Damn cagers. I pray you heal very completely.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Good to hear from you, sorry about the slow healing. Keep us posted and keep a good attitude. Healing takes time... I know too.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I hope it heals up for you. Keep doing what you need to do to help it along.
Good to hear that you have build options in mind if (when?) things change.

(Sung to Happy Birthday*)
Happy Healing to You...
Happy Healing to You...
(c'mon everybody!)
Happy (high note) Healing! .. (back down) ArcAngel...
Happyhealingtoyou.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.. Improvise, adapt, overcome. I discussed with my sons and they are all for it. In the end I'll probably wind up with something really wild and fun. I would love nothing more that to pay homage to the Big Daddy Roth era trikes. Definitely going with the classic metal flake paint as well. If I'm forced to sadly destroy and chop up my twisted 89 FXR frame at least the drive train will live on in my sons bike.

·
Registered
2004 FLHTI
736 Posts
Glad to hear you're upright and breathin' brother. I hope you're rehab continues to give better results. I'm sure you'll come up with something fun and cool from the recoverable bike parts which you'll use to teach your boys more skills. Sounds like you're keeping a good attitude which is the most important thing!

·
Super Moderator
20,643 Posts
Thanks guys.. Improvise, adapt, overcome. I discussed with my sons and they are all for it. In the end I'll probably wind up with something really wild and fun. I would love nothing more that to pay homage to the Big Daddy Roth era trikes. Definitely going with the classic metal flake paint as well. If I'm forced to sadly destroy and chop up my twisted 89 FXR frame at least the drive train will live on in my sons bike.
Roth's wife, Ilene, still sells the Ratfink stuff on line. Ratfink

I just bought some stuff from her for the grand kids and a Tee shirt for myself. Then the old lady saw it, and taxed it all for herself.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
About the only thing good about down time is you have plenty of time to think and plan things to do. Let that imagination run wild. We will be praying for your recovery.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Good to hear you are on the mend, don't get down these injuries always take longer to heal then we expect them to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Keep the good attitude. Sounds like your version of a v8 trike would be cool.
That one in the pic you posted looks hard to steer with them two rear axles and big tires.

·
Registered
125 Posts
as one that had ankle replacement surgery exactly one year ago i can tell you it will take time. my foot is still asleep feels funny when i touch it for sure. but walking everyday and i can put on a boot which is important when riding i think. so hang in there it will get better. like the idea of ratfinking the bike. oh yes me i am 70 so definitely feeling the added length in recovery time.

·
Registered
11,855 Posts
I had a plate put in and for awhile there I knew what it felt to be a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. The so called cast that I wore was the worst part clunked that strap on everywhere. Try not to develop a limp it is an easy habit to get into.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
hey,, arcangel, there arent enough of us somewhat not right in the head folks left,,, cant afford to lose another one...
keep the mental end up,, and the rest will follow..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey,, arcangel, there arent enough of us somewhat not right in the head folks left,,, cant afford to lose another one...
keep the mental end up,, and the rest will follow..
Lol...yah I'm not down or depressed about it. It simply is what it is. I'll just change plans and direction. Im actually feeling kinda excited to do something nuts again. I saw that dual axle build and just thought man I could do something wild with that. Turns out my girl who almost never rides with me thought it was safer and cool looking too. So hey may she'll finally get out riding with me on this one. The Death Wish bike scared the hell out of her she wouldn't get on it anymore. So maybe some good on her end will come out of it. I'm already planning all this stuff out in my head for the suspension lay out and how to make it work well . The psycho gears in me brain are turnin....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts