V-Twin Forum banner
221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
How's the front end coming along.
Waiting on parts sucks lately
Having issues finding the right machinist for the job. Last guy pissed me off sat there like two months kept blowing off. I finally told him I'm done and picked up the untouched pieces....a big time waster

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Its going to take more then a few cans of shot to put all of that to the ground.
Yes and that's why we went with the parallel 4 link suspension. Just like in a drag car we can tune the angle of the links to make the axle try to run under the trike and use its own weight and we can adjust the lift point on the chassis. You can set like a drag car so when the power hits it will shove the axle downward gaining more traction. With hot tires it's either gonna spin or we it may need wheelie bars..lol. but that type suspension gives us the most adjustable control over how it will launch. I don't think it will stand up due to the axle being so far back but I don't know how sticky those Mickey Thomson SR tires are gonna be. If it does hook hard it should be a frightening takeoff...haha. the cam requires a 3000 stall converter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
800 bucks for a set of Isky hydraulic roller lifters capable of 7500rpm......ouch. almost as bad as harley parts pricing...lol got the last of the stuff needed to get this beast motor together. Compression came in at at 10.3:1 just under the max limit for pump gas and just over the minimum recommended for the cam...perfect. Steel hardened pushrod length can now be measured and ordered. The engine shop is taking care of that. I'm ordering all goodies for the front of the motor. Paint, alternator, pulleys and drive setup going to an updated serpentine drive. Mid mounted alternator to fit everything neatly within the frame rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 · (Edited)
The final design for the "C cab". I stretched the overhang out further over the dash, swept the top of the roof back in the rear and pulled the bottom rear in exposing the rear bumper.. Has that real 70's Rat Fink look we were going for. Was considering a window but there really isn't any gained visibility from it. I'm happy with the look of it. Probably do something with the rear door for a decorative window. The first design i just didn't like as much. Both shown below

Attachments

·
Registered
17,690 Posts
I like the 68 Malibu. Is that a 63 or 64 Impala next to it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The final design for the "C cab". I stretched the overhang out further over the dash, swept the top of the roof back in the rear and pulled the bottom rear in exposing the rear bumper.. Has that real 70's Rat Fink look we were going for. Was considering a window but there really is any gained visibility from it. I'm happy with the look of it. Probably do something with the rear door for a decorative window. The first design i just didn't like as much. Both shown below
Nailed it.

221 - 231 of 231 Posts