V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month was an FXR vs FXR event.

In a mano e mano FXR showdown, it was FXR2 and his 1999 FXR-2 that came out on top.

Congratulations to FXR2 and a big V-Twin Forum shout out for his victory. Let's give him a big hand. And his hard earned prize.

To see the prize, Click Here

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FXR2

OK. Here's my FXR2:

1999 HD FXR2
Engine: 80" Evo.
Trans: stock 5 speed
Pipes: Supertrapp Supermeg
Seat: Corbin Gunfighter
Wheels: stock disc rear, re-created the 21" front with polished stainless spokes, had the stock billet hub chromed. Kept the stock chrome rim.
Accessories: Screamin' Eagle heads, ignition module, lifters. PM calipers front and rear, Andrews EV27 cam, HD visor fairing, Rifle chin spoiler, custom CVO-inspired side covers. They match the ghost-type tank graphics in visual effect. Ness Big Sucker intake. Various other minor bling.

I'm the second owner. Have had it for 13 years. Grew up loving Brit bikes so when I decided to go Harley, I wanted one that would handle. Read two books on Harley's and started searching for a FXR. Had pretty much given up so I went to a Indy shop to look at a used Dyna--and there it was. Had been there on consignment for two days and hadn't even been advertised yet. It was stock then but for SE slip-ons. Rolled it out and started it up....sold. I had not even heard of the CVO branch of HD until I got this. Started the mods with the theme of Screamin' Eagle performance parts, in keeping with what the CVO became right after these bikes were introduced.

I still end every ride thinking what a sweet running, sweet riding bike I've got. I didn't know when I bought it that A: I'd still be thrilled with it after 13 years, and B: that I was buying a ticket to the cult of FXR owners, some of which have gone from forum mates to riding buddies.

·
In disguise
2,705 Posts
Thanks to all that voted for my bike. And thanks to Brian for keeping it in the FXR family. Heck this was a win-win.

About that "to see the prize" link. I was hoping it would be my printable prize check but I'm sure it's on the way. It'll be worth the wait.

Thanks to all.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
Thanks to all that voted for my bike. And thanks to Brian for keeping it in the FXR family. Heck this was a win-win.

About that "to see the prize" link. I was hoping it would be my printable prize check but I'm sure it's on the way. It'll be worth the wait.

Thanks to all.
I think I still have a hot check or two left over from my win. I'll send you one.

joe

·
In disguise
2,705 Posts
I think I still have a hot check or two left over from my win. I'll send you one.

joe

I would hope so. Your ROTM winnings were kinda like Powerball, from what I hear.

·
hippie
5,106 Posts

joe
heh heh,, i had to re-read that joe, i thought you had a hot chick leftover from the win the first time thru.. lol

congrats fxr2, nice bike man

·
In disguise
2,705 Posts
Thanks, Setter and Givr.

Wait. I meant to say.......

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
I would hope so. Your ROTM winnings were kinda like Powerball, from what I hear.
LOL, you've been listening to the wrong liar(s). Your check's left over from the bribes I had to pay out for the win.

heh heh,, i had to re-read that joe, i thought you had a hot chick leftover from the win the first time thru.. lol...
Mama said no, and sounded like she meant it.

<dammit>

joe

·
Registered
15,603 Posts
Mama said no, and sounded like she meant it.

<dammit>

joe
She must be related to my wife.

Congrats on the win FXR2! Beautiful bike.

If Toad had a bike like that, he wouldn't get picked on as much. OK, so maybe he would.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
Thanks, Sarge.

And it sounds like *all* of our wives are related.
LOL, and some guys are scared of OUR l'il ol' cult.

joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts