V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already bought my Harley and had to finance a good portion of it. What is a good APR rate for motorcycles? I thought it would be pretty comparable to auto loans but it seems I am wrong. Anybody out there want to chime in? Aaron

·
Registered
116 Posts
It depends on your credit score...better score, lower rate.
Also, Bikes are considered toyz by lenders, not transportation like a car so your right, there not looked at the same by the bank.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Wow, this is dependant upon SO many things...Check with several lending institutions and look into joining a credit union in your area. Probably the best deal is a home equity loan or line of credit so that you could write off the interest.

·
Bank Robber
959 Posts
Trapper1 said:
It depends on your credit score...better score, lower rate.
Also, Bikes are considered toyz by lenders, not transportation like a car so your right, there not looked at the same by the bank.
Not by my Credit union...

Mine is at a 4.2% for a 5 year fixed up to 80% of the amount. Slightly higher for 100%.

Fangar

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fangar said:
Not by my Credit union...

Mine is at a 4.2% for a 5 year fixed up to 80% of the amount. Slightly higher for 100%.

Fangar
I agree I have had a similiar experience. Join or try your credit union, because if Harley Credit approves you, hell anyone will approve you :unsure:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Mine at the Credit Union is 4.5%, but just checked for comparison and they are now at 6% on a 36-60 mo. loan. 6.25% if you don't have the payments auto-deducted.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I bought my 2000 FLTR used, and from what I understand the APR for financing a used bike is always a little higher per given credit rating than the APR on a new bike. I'm not really sure why that is. That being said, I financed 90% for 60 months at 7.99% APR. Although I can't remember for sure, I only needed like 6 of those 60 months to pay it off. ~!Awesome! Good luck with your purchase.

·
Bank Robber
959 Posts
I just checked two and my credit union has gondup about 1 % from when I bought my bike. Still not bad.

My first Harley when I was in college as at 12%! Doooh!

Fangar

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Credit union hands down! I'm steadily moving all my stuff to the credit union as I always get a better deal and straight dealing. No BS.

Just refinanced my house and once again, the credit union beat everyone else by a mile. Not to mention they spent nearly 3 hours with me running numbers on all the mortgages they offer to see what would work best for me... without asking them to. Can't beat that with a stick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts