V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it is time for a new PC which would you get and or what ??
Apple or Standard PC.....???

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would get a standard pc, because I know how to build them myself and that's what I've always used.

For people that couldn't build their own I used to recommend Dell but have been hearing a lot of quality issues in the last 2 years with their products so I can't recommend them right now. The original owner came back and is trying to get the company back on the right track but right now I'd hold off on them.

HP seems to have taken the market share from Dell right now so maybe someone has purchased from HP and could chime in.

Right now I cannot recommend any brand in good conscious.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
la9 said:
I would get a standard pc, because I know how to build them myself and that's what I've always used.
Ditto. Except get a MACYou are going to get the standard answer here.....LA9 likes PC....somebody else may like (like me) Apples. I'm an artist type. Good with Aesthetics...not always so good of a mechanic. But....I own 5 macs of various age...ALL i've gotten used...never new. I've added more (or bigger ) hard drives, more memory, DVD burners and maybe plugged in a LCD or a mouse. All basically idiot proof...Never had one die....never had a virus...they just keep running. I run the last upgrade of Tiger (not the new Leopard yet). I'm not a techie...and for me...the Mac OS just seems more intuitive (as much as a computer can be..) and less fumbling thru tons of folders...when I use a PC...they seem bass ackwards. Goes back to my first sentence...EVERYBODY LIKES WHAT THEY'RE USE TO....IT'S THE BEST! The PC techies will say that the Mac f-'s you up because sometimes in business applications the Mac isn't supported or going cross platform shiit happens. Just depends what your needs are. Serious business apps pretty much need a PC. Creative types or someone who wants to mess around making home movies, using i-tunes or editing (and e-mailing) photos can do it simply and easily with a mac right out of the box, or like me, with a used G4 loaded up w/ memory and a big HD. Apple still has the better commercials...nyahh nyahhh....

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts