V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 FXSTI I would like to put mini apes on. Will the stock cables fit with the FXDWG bars and risers? How about the 12.5 chubby apes with wg risers? Thanks for the help.
Richard

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
You'll probably need to add a few inches of wire. If you are using bars that hide the wires, just cut wires near connector. Turn signals can relocate to the forks.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
They might fit, there is enough play on them so give it a try. It only takes a min to take off a set of handlebars. Just make sure you have full range of motion before you tighten everything down. If they dont fit, put your old handlebars on and order up a set of longer cables.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I put a set of wild 1's 515 (10 inch apes) along with their 525 risers (1.5 inch) ran wire's inside bars and added approx. 4 inches to wire length on my fxst pulled from connectors and soldered in extensions. Changed to ss cables and tried to find as close as possible to 2 inch on all of them.It was a pita to try and find what seemed to be the correct length cables.Some I could find 2 inch some 3.Ended up with a clutch cable a little too long, cant remember which one but I think it was a wide glide replacement from pro motion throttle cables were perfect and the goodridge brake line was ok but a little on the short side.As I said it was tough to find all the cables the same plus 2 size.But all in all it looks good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts