V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you have a chance to buy a sig, buy a sig. Some of the best weapons I have EVER owned! I have a p228, and I never thought I would like shooting a 9mm, it changed my mind. It's now my carry weapon.

·
Banned
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a chance to buy a sig, buy a sig. Some of the best weapons I have EVER owned! I have a p228, and I never thought I would like shooting a 9mm, it changed my mind. It's now my carry weapon.
I've heard they are nice, but they're readily available. But I cannot find a price that would compete with the $400.00. Elsewhere they are $550.00 plus. I've read reviews that these are smooth as silk, and also you can interchange barrels which interests me. Guy says he makes $40. bucks at that price...that's hard to believe. Wonder what the real margin is on these guns.??

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I'm not that familiar with that model, but I have a Sig P229 that's rock solid. I love it. Sig makes quality firearms. I bought mine chambered in .357 Sig and later got a drop-in .40-caliber barrel. And I don't know that you'll beat that price.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sig's are a little pricey, but you do get what you pay for. Forgot to mention I also bought a Mosquito (.22LR) pistol to teach the family to shoot, it's also a very solid weapon. Have to use quality ammo in it, but that's because it's a bigger weapon shooting a tiny round.

But that SP 2022 looks nice, I just went and looked it up. Factor in night sites if it doesn't have them, they are really nice to have. Never know when you might need them :)

·
Banned
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not that familiar with that model, but I have a Sig P229 that's rock solid. I love it. Sig makes quality firearms. I bought mine chambered in .357 Sig and later got a drop-in .40-caliber barrel. And I don't know that you'll beat that price.
What's the basic diff. between the P229 and sp2022? I can't see that much.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I haven't looked into the SP2022 that much, but one big difference is that the P229 has an aluminum frame and the SP2022 has a polymer frame. And the SP2022 is much lighter, just 25 ounces, and is about half the price of a P229. Here's a review I found. You may already have read it. Link

·
Sua Sponte
442 Posts
It's a Sig. It's their low end model, but still a great weapon. I have the earlier version the SP2004, nice. Not my everyday carry, but light weight. $400.00 is no big bargain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts