V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on buying an aftermarket wheel for the front of my Nighttrain. (Black Rim with Chrome Spokes) Just looking for pro's and con's of different wheel companies. Whos the best???? Or would it be just as good to powder coat my stock rim and polish or chrome the stock spokes?
Thanks,
BK

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
WOW,,, that would be really trick IMO.
I would take the route of having the rim powdercoated (wrinkle would be really unusual and sharp) and then relace the wheel with polished or chromed spokes (got to relace anyway at that point) by someone qualified.
Let us know what route you go.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another thought I had was to get some spokes for another company. I'm just not to familiar with hubs and spoke sizes and all the technical stuff like that. What will fit with what kinda stuff. Ya know.... The saga to continue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably gonna need to bead blast the rim prior to powdercoating, and check out the coater...some are good and some ain't. Polished stainless spokes are available for about $50 more than a set of chrome ones, and they won't rust or flake like chrome. Drag Specialties has them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I can disassemble and Bead blast the wheel at the hobby shop on base. Then take them too the powdercoating place of choice.
munchr- Thanks for the tip on the spokes.
I'll keep you guy's posted.
BK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts