V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:
I would like to know if anyone out there has a low profile windshield on their bikes? I have the King Size windshield on my Heritage and would like to go to the low profile for looks. Does the low profile windshield minimizes that wind drag similar to the King Size? This might be a stupid question, but I just have to know.

Roadhwg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have the Windvest on my RKC -- had one on a FLSTC also. I love em. They give me all the wind protection I need, look better on the bike, use top quality materials and and make it easier to see when riding in the rain. I hate having to look thru a windshield but don't want ride without something-- this gives me the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Steve3, could you post a picture? The windvest is a nice piece, was worried it might be "lost" on a King, though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve, I also would like a picture if possible.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the low profile smoked shield on my 03 SE Road King. Does great with a full helmet. Takes the pressure off my chest, but I don't use it with a half helmet.

Shooter

·
Registered
428 Posts
I tried the 4" under stock windshield on my King. Got some irritating wind buffeting on my head. Didnt like it at all. I ended up cuttting my stock windshield down so its 2" under stock (my nose height). I look over it and no buffeting. Perfect for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ranger...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts