V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some chrome trim to put on my Heritage that fits in the rear splash guard. I was thinking about using Kuryakyn's, but I also found these on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIRR...Accessories&hash=item19c8bb6eca#ht_500wt_1180
My question is this, has anybody used this product before? If so, were they a good product or cheap? I have heard of Kuryakyn having chrome bubbling issues, anyone else hear this?? Any feed back would be helpful before I purchase something, Thanks!!

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
I like your screen name. Do you actually own one of the cammers? Very rare engine.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
I can't help you on the the trim. A friend of mine had an original. He put it in a '63 Mercury Monterey. Tilt front end. Never did get it to run right. Ended up selling it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is going into a '67 Mustang Convertible Shelby clone. It has a Shwartz chassis and backed by a TKO600 5 speed (with Mastershift Paddle shifter) and 4.11 gears.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm not sure about the ones you found on ebay, but I have used a variety of Kuryakyn's products, and I'm not pleased with their quality of fit at all, very poor fit with every part, I've ever bought from them, and installed. I personally will never buy any of their products, ever again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gearhead! My brother says the same thing! Maybe I'll try the stainless steel trim then and see how I like them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Can't say anything about the fender trim pieces you are looking at but I did buy a set of cruise arms (?) from them a few years ago and are holding up well. I have heard that their decorative items (trim, covers, etc.) aren't very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts