V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an upgrade on Harleys site to upgrade the new Harmond Kardon stereo's in the 06 touring bikes, its suppose to fix some of the bugs in the stereo. It seems quite straight forward and easy to do, you just download the files and burn them to cd then install in the cd player on the bike.

1. With your radio in FM mode, eject any CD you may have in
the radio.
2. Turn the ignition key switch to OFF.
3. Press and hold any two soft keys and then turn the ignition key
switch to ACCESS.
4. Continue to press the soft keys until “Diag Test” is displayed in
the middle of the screen.
5. Press soft key 5, labeled “Update.

6. Insert the CD with your update files into the radio when
“Insert CD” is displayed on the radio screen (see Figure 3).
Do NOT close the CD player door.
The radio will automatically update the software. This process will take
about seven minutes. A message will inform you of the progress of the
update. The radio will power down and restart automatically twice
during the update. If the CD appears jammed or will not eject, shutturn
off the radio and, turn the ignition key switch off to OFF, and pull the
vehicle maxi-fuse, and wait five minutes before replacing the fuse for
five minutes. Try ejecting the CD again once power has been restored.

7. After the radio has restarted for the second time, press soft
key 6, labeled “TestExit” to return to normal radio mode.
8. Eject the CD from the radio.

FLHX vivid black
95" stage II
samson ovals

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
Download

Hello

I just downloaded update into my 2006 Ultra it only updated 1 file it would not do the other and spit out the cd. I may try to do it over and see if it does both next time.Or I need to find someone who is knowledgable on theses radios

Glen

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey there

leave the CD in--the whole thing takes about 7 minutes--maybe a bit longer. I found that the upgrade fixes a couple of things. Before--it seemed like to skip ahead a few tracks on the CD, it woiuld go to the next song--then you hit the button again--it would go to the next track, and so on until you FINALY got to the track you wanted--this is fixed now. Also when switching to another source it also did the same--hit the button, it would go from AM to FM--then hit the button and so on. The new software almost waits till you are at the source you want before it makes the switch. On top of that, the software allows the NAV to work, which I read it didnt before

PEZ

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
06 StreetGlide said:
There is an upgrade on Harleys site to upgrade the new Harmond Kardon stereo's in the 06 touring bikes, its suppose to fix some of the bugs in the stereo. It seems quite straight forward and easy to do, you just download the files and burn them to cd then install in the cd player on the bike.

FLHX vivid black
95" stage II
samson ovals
Any chance you could give us the URL of the update on HD's site?

Thanks!

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
You have to go to Harley Davidson home and then click on Products followed by Motorcycles. Then click on the label, "Learn more about advanced audio" underneath Touring on the main page. A popup will appear with the software download option. Good luck!!

·
424 Posts
I'm about to upgrade my software....Does anyone know if it fixes the less than random on playing the CD's...What other improvements does it make other than the ones listed about????:clap:

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
update

Hello All

Tried update again this time it updated both files so far i noticed a more smoother transition from track to track in cd modeno more skipping around.
Like Pez says be patient when loading it does work..

Glen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I'm hopeing that my 06 FLTRI is upgraded from the factory when it arrives in January......

·
Registered
195 Posts
Any chance someone would be willing to mail this CD software update to me?
I have tried but am unable to get the software to burn onto a CD from my home computer. The computer seems to burn the CD but the CD reads wrong CD when I put it into the H/K player. I'm tired of messing with the computer.....

·
424 Posts
gliderman said:
I have tried but am unable to get the software to burn onto a CD from my home computer. The computer seems to burn the CD but the CD reads wrong CD when I put it into the H/K player. I'm tired of messing with the computer.....
Sure...shoot me a private message with your address...I'll send you the CD I just got through upgrading mine with...

·
424 Posts
When I finished my upgrade BOTH top and bottom number showed 7.8.0 for version number....

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
06 SG,
Tried sending you a pm and your mailbox is full. Says you need to delete some in order to receive others.

·
424 Posts
gliderman said:
Gliderman, Did you get the CD's??? If so, did it work for you???:dunno:

·
Registered
195 Posts
joeschmoe said:
Gliderman, Did you get the CD's??? If so, did it work for you???:dunno:
Yes, I received the CD's and thanks much for your help. Unfortunately, It doesn't work. When I install the CD, (either one) it says reading files and starts to go through the process. After a bit, it says something about ICB attempting to communicate with radio, but stays at 0%. It then says "Cancel- Wrong CD" and then spits out the CD and does nothing else. I tried it 4 times and the same results. I assume it is my radio. It has been working fine but still has the old 6.8 software. Maybe the dealer can get it done? Thanks so much for trying to help, I much appreciate it. Ride Safe...............KB.......

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
be sure to check the version number on software and radio before upgrade

I'm glad I read the detailed instructions on the Harley site PDF before attempting the upgrade. I discovered that the upgrade version is 7.8. Following the instructions, I checked the version currently in my radio: already version 7.8!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts