V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this "Step Jack" while flipping through the new J&P catalog I just got in the mail.

http://www.stepjack.com

I do have a motorcycle lift, but since I have a low Softail Deluxe in order to get the lift under the frame I have to ride it up onto some 2x6's before the lift will slide underneath.

The "Step Jack" looks like it might work for wheel cleaning and polishing. Anyone seen tried one yet?

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
The price is a little steep but it looks like a nice light jack for those kind of jobs.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
That looks pretty handy, but if you don't plan on taking it with you anywhere you could just buy a "Pull" jack. They have them in the Fatbook / etc. The main difference is you "PULL" on a long bar and ease the bike up front or rear. It won't cost you 150.00 for a pull jack either.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Pull" type jack v. "Step" jack

Yep, the simpler "pull" type jack is cheaper, in fact I made one out of some lumber and pipe. The tricky part for me is that you usually can only pull it onto the stand on one side while you use your free hand to steady the bike.

With that "step" jack you could use both hands to steady the bike while using your leg to raise it.

Just a thought, but yeah it is $$.

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pull Jack

Fatb0y said:
That looks pretty handy, but if you don't plan on taking it with you anywhere you could just buy a "Pull" jack. They have them in the Fatbook / etc. The main difference is you "PULL" on a long bar and ease the bike up front or rear. It won't cost you 150.00 for a pull jack either.
Are you referring to a car type hydraulic floor/trolley jack?
I have one of those, but cannot figure how I can use due to small 3 inch surface of pedestal. I bought a Sears craftsman lift but cannot get under my Fatboy

·
Registered
204 Posts
In case you haven't seen this one, there's a similar lift with a long handle available from www.cyclelifts.com (I think J&P carries it as well). It's about $120. It's compact so it doesn't take up much room in the garage, but you can't carry it with you. I've been using one for about a year and it's convenient and easy to use.

·
Registered
958 Posts
JohnT said:
In case you haven't seen this one, there's a similar lift with a long handle available from www.cyclelifts.com (I think J&P carries it as well). It's about $120. It's compact so it doesn't take up much room in the garage, but you can't carry it with you. I've been using one for about a year and it's convenient and easy to use.
I've got one of those and I use it alot.Price has gone up since I bought it.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
FlaFatBoy said:
Another one that is similar to the cyclelift can be seen at www.jpslaststand.com except it looks to be made from aluminum.
JP'slaststand is made from laser cut stainless steel.....I've had one for 4 seasons now.....Use it on both my Ultra and Sportster........My Ultra is sitting on it now, being cleaned from returning from the DRAGON. It works well for wheel cleaning. I use it a lot more than my hydraulic floor jack. The price has increased since I bought mine tho.......

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
JP'slaststand is made from laser cut stainless steel.....I've had one for 4 seasons now.....Use it on both my Ultra and Sportster........My Ultra is sitting on it now, being cleaned from returning from the DRAGON. It works well for wheel cleaning. I use it a lot more than my hydraulic floor jack. The price has increased since I bought mine tho.......
Thanx for the info Kray....stainless,even better.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
FlaFatBoy said:
Thanx for the info Kray....stainless,even better.
You know, it shows on the web-sites these people smiling while they hoist the bike up.....JP'slaststand has a girl standing there looking good and acting like she's gonna hoist the bike. I weigh 185, the handle is about 3'-0" long, and I gotta grunt when hoisting the Ultra.....The sportster practically jumps on the stand itself......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts