V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several posts from folks (not sure if here or other forums) who are inseam challanged such as myself. Some time ago I heard some feedback that Saddleman's sit closer and lower then the stock seats. Can anyone comment on their seats?
I think the post said that they were thinner as well which would allow leg drop to be straighter as well as moving you closer to the bars and lower to the ground but unlike skinny seats, they were very comfortable and supportive. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Genia

Thanks for the comment. It is hard to find many folks who have tried the Saddleman seats but the comments I have heard echo what you said. Wonder why more people do not try them? It seems that everyone goes to Corbin or Mustang which are fine seats but have heard the same for Saddleman.

·
Registered
248 Posts
saddleman seats

I have a leather solo tattoo saddleman seat with gel on my lowrider.

Put me further back, is pretty "barebones" , I like it. It's firm but comfortable.

Personally better than stock for me, or the LePera barebones I had on my previous Sporty....

so far quality and finish seem good, I did put some electrical tape around the tongue to firm it in under the tank more snuggly.

ace57
'05 FXDL "molly"

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I recently bought a Saddlemen's Road Sofa with SaddleGel two-up seat for my 2000 Road King Classic in an effort to find a seat my wife likes.This is the third, and final, seat she gets to try out. I'm starting to run out of space to store all my seat combo's, not to mention the $ investment. Anyway, I've only had it out twice this winter on short rides due to the weather. So far she's satisfied but we haven't spent a whole day on it yet. The first thing I noticed is it sets me quite a ways further forward. My lower leg is near vertical now when my feet are on the foot boards instead of angled forward. My legs used to be straight when resting my feet on the pegs mounted on the crash bars. Now they are bent at the knees. It feels like I might be sitting a little lower in the seat but I'm not sure if that's due to the difference in shape. The seat seems comfortable, so far. I wasn't real impressed with the fit. I think it could have been better with a different shaped seat pan. The stock seat was O.K. but my favorite is the Corbin Classic Solo I have spent thousands of miles on. My wife didn't like the stock seat's passenger pilon or the detachable Corbin passenger pilon that mates up with the Corbin Solo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love my saddlemen...

I have a 02 Fatboy that came with a Corbin , but my lady did not like it at all. I found a Saddlemen 2up gel on e-bay for less than 200.00. She loves it...as well as my son. I do notice that puts me closer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts