V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee:

Just wondering what anyone has to say about the LED head lamp or the passing lights.
I know they are $$$$, but I an get 20% off on these through the 22nd of this month and was looking at the passing lights for my RKC
if I could not swing the whole package.
Looks like these really provide the right kind of lighting.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm running the HID passing lamps on my SG and man there really bright.

·
Registered
727 Posts
A 55w H-3 bulb is really bright also.

Put them in your passing lamps, see how you like them.
A lot less expensive. Just rewire the switch away from the headlamp circuit.

·
Banned
589 Posts
I just installed the 7" LED headlight in the SG. It's simple to do, plug in and aim. About $535 MSRP, I drove it home (100 miles) and felt like I owed the shop more $$$ for performance I got that I hadn't paid for.

I keep hitting the high beams on the Ford Ranger, thinking they're not on. Everything from the truck lights looks dim and yellow.

Best performance money I've put into the bike yet! :clap:

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I can get an HID kit on Ebay for $50 and it does the same thing as that $500 HD headlight. By the way, they make them for your Ranger too. I installed HID's in my G8 and it's the best $50 I ever spent.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a EG classic and want to chance out all three lights in front to where they put off the blue tinted light. Can this be done by just changing out bulbs or will it require a kit be installed?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a EG classic and want to chance out all three lights in front to where they put off the blue tinted light. Can this be done by just changing out bulbs or will it require a kit be installed?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
You can do this by changing bulbs.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Blue tinted bulbs decrease light output since it filters the light output. If you want blue tinted lights get a 6000K HID kit, they put out more than twice the light compared to halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put the H-D LED headlamp & passing lamps on my EGC

About two months ago I was on a 30 mile ride home alone. I was riding back a state route to avoid the back roads, there really was no moon out. I don't normally ride with a helmet, but I pulled off to put mine on as well as some leather. The route was nothing but tall corn on either side with deer, possums and ***** splattered all along the road. I had the next to brightest halogen lights available, it was still dark. The next morning, I went and ordered the H-D LED headlamp and rode for about a month til I could afford the passing lamps. I will not go back. I read all the reviews and the comparisons for the H-D vs the truck light (Kuryakyn) and decided to pay the higher cost. I can see an animal well in advance now. I have been flashed by oncoming traffic about 1 out of 10 times. I was behind a State Trooper and nothing was ever said. The only downfall, at night my riding buddies make me ride up front because they can see better when behind me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have the LED's and at night they are wonderfull.

However if most of your riding is during daylight save your money.I have had more drivers pull out in front of me now than with the stock lights.I am considering a headlight modulator to increase my visibility.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I have the HD led headlight and aux on my bike and there great! I had the HID light before but the light is all over the place. The projector lens in the HD lights makes all the difference in the world.
My son said when I was behind him I washed his light out.
The HID lights are just as bright, but without the projector lens it not focused and is allover the place . I very rarely have a driver flash me now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been waiting for the "Motor Company" or aftermarket to offer a LED for my RoadGlide. I haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know anything different? I'm currently running Slyvania 'Silverstars' which are pretty good (if fragile). LED users are pretty happy about the results, if not the price...

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
I also have the LED's and at night they are wonderfull.

However if most of your riding is during daylight save your money.I have had more drivers pull out in front of me now than with the stock lights.I am considering a headlight modulator to increase my visibility.
Dave
That's one of the upsides to the Kuryakyn(Trucklite) version, it's definitely more visible in daylight from the front. Also you can get Custom Dynamics Moonshinez LED turn signals that really stand out in the daytime, they help a bit at night without blinding oncoming traffic also.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I completely disagree. I have the h-d LED and you can see it way better than the stock light. I have ridden with people who also have the LED light and I can see them in my rearview mirror so much better than stock. I can be a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile ahead and when I look in my mirror I can barely make out the ultra with all three lights on but the LED is way bright and visible.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
I completely disagree. I have the h-d LED and you can see it way better than the stock light. I have ridden with people who also have the LED light and I can see them in my rearview mirror so much better than stock. I can be a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile ahead and when I look in my mirror I can barely make out the ultra with all three lights on but the LED is way bright and visible.
I didn't say stock headlight, I said between the HD LED and the Trucklite version the Trucklite(Kuryakyn) is much more visible in the daytime.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That's one of the upsides to the Kuryakyn(Trucklite) version, it's definitely more visible in daylight from the front. Also you can get Custom Dynamics Moonshinez LED turn signals that really stand out in the daytime, they help a bit at night without blinding oncoming traffic also.
Hey Jasilva is the Kuryakin you got is part #2261 that sell for $300.?
I've been looking at it in their website but wasn't sure, 95% of my riding is in daylight and with the SG one light set up I want more visibility while keeping the same clean look. Thanks
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3964/LED-Headlamp-Passing-Lamps

By the way love you avatar :hystria:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts