V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I might be on our way to Switzerland in April/May. Thinking I might want to try renting a bike for a week or two while I'm there instead of a cage. Anyone have any experience with this? Recommendations, etc....???

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
European Rental

I had a bike rented through Harley Davidson of Cologne, Germany. The person I worked with was very helpful and spoke English pretty well. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip and when I called the dealership to explain the reason, they were very understanding and gave me a full refund (I had prepaid the entire rental). I believe I was renting a Fat Boy for the week and was paying around $800.

If you are interested in knowing more about this dealer and the contact, let me know and I'll find the info for you. Would be a nice ride from Cologne, down through the Black Forest and into Switzerland.

Ogre

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I believe I read some time back that the dealer in Munich does rentals. Get on the HD website and instead of clicking on US for your country try Switzerland and see what comes up.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Zurich, Fly into the airport they will pick you up, or jump on the bus, not to far. You will love the Swiss Alps in the SUMMER...

The Pelican Drive Zurich
Pelikanstrasse 10
Zurich 8001
Switzerland
Voice: 41-1-225-41-21
FAX: 41-1-225-41-22

Visit Our Web site: www.pelicandrive.ch/Zuerich/rental.html

E-mail Us:
[email protected]

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hogzilla said:
Wife and I might be on our way to Switzerland in April/May.
A friend of mine played for a professional womans hockey team there for a couple years. They used rented motorcycles as their main transportation when weather allowed. All these female players would wear their hockey helmets as safety protection while riding. Helmets were manditory but there must not be any "DOT"-type requirements. I thought is was interesting.

·
EagleRider Sucks
375 Posts
Not in Europe, but Rented one in New Zealand. I recommend you really read the insurance contract/waivers, as a couple of the other people who rented them crashed and they got stuck paying quite a bit, as the deductibles are high.

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the info..... on second thought, I'm wondering if the weather is OK for riding through the Alps in late April??

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Hogzilla said:
Appreciate the info..... on second thought, I'm wondering if the weather is OK for riding through the Alps in late April??
From neighboring Austria, I recommend a trip across Switzerland, but get yourself ready for a gamble on the weather. Most of the high elevation mountain passes could be closed, I suggest to expand the scope and go to Italy or France along the Mediterranean sea, safer bet weather wise. I think an E-Glide with full fairing would be a good thing. Not to mention a BMW 1200RT..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts