V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to raise my stock apes 2" straight up. (There was a recent post 2" and 2" back. I'm not looking to do the 2" back) I'd also like to keep the stock H-D riser cover. Has anyone done this with parts from J&P or elsewhere? I am just confused re which risers would actually provide a 2" additional rise and if the cover would fit. Eventually, I'd like to redo the cables with chrome ones but I am assuming the stcok cables have enough play to do this? Thanks.

Guy

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I believe that at a minimum you will need to change the front brake line. It is a tube and hose assembly that is the perfect length for stock setup.

S.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The clutch and throttles should work just going up 2 and the brake line might be able to be re-formed to fit. Otherwise you may have to spring for the braided brake line now. Watch your lengths to keep it clean, overly long cables look tacky. They should flow with the bike and look like they belong on it. I put the stock HD riser cap on after market risers and the fit was fine. I looked at some from J&P and believe the HD cap would fit them too.

·
FXDWG
112 Posts
I changeg mine to 14" but i did take the opertunity to change out all my lines to braided. i also did not use the stock risers because i went with buffalo bars which are i believe 1/2" thicker but i did not go back at all. I like it much better

Mako

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dusty?

dusty67 said:
The clutch and throttles should work just going up 2 and the brake line might be able to be re-formed to fit. Otherwise you may have to spring for the braided brake line now. Watch your lengths to keep it clean, overly long cables look tacky. They should flow with the bike and look like they belong on it. I put the stock HD riser cap on after market risers and the fit was fine. I looked at some from J&P and believe the HD cap would fit them too.

Can you tell me what aftermarket brand you used? Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't know who made them, they were part of a trade. They are aluminum but the ones just like them at J&P are steel. I almost left with them but passed thinking I'll give the als a chance. The J&P's are 4½ inches up and 2 back, part number 5000310.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts