V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have a guy looking to do a deal with me on a 91 FXR... Just looking to see if any of y'all know this bike in particular and trying to get a grip on what it's worth in today's market.

Ken
01 Yamaha VStar 650
03 Fatboy

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
$4000 with that paint job....holy crap :whistle:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
what is the asking price? As already said, it is way radical, are you paying for those changes. Or are you using them to lower the price. In a year when you are tired of that paint, you will have that cost. Thats his paint job, not yours. Same on other mods.
Drag bars with fowards will have you folded over uncomfortably. Those short shocks wont ride like stocks, think about riding for 10-12 hours in a day on that.
You need to think about what you want from a bike. Have you been through some machines to know that you will be happy with a bike like this, or would you be better
off with a bike you can ride comfortably. You need to be able to answer these questions.

·
Registered
828 Posts
what is the asking price? As already said, it is way radical, are you paying for those changes. Or are you using them to lower the price.
absolutely.
i always reduce for non-stock non-original crap
the more radical the less and less its worth.
to me at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is the asking price? As already said, it is way radical, are you paying for those changes. Or are you using them to lower the price.
This is one of those trade deals that I think I am going to decide against since I already own a couple of bikes. I have an F350 Diesel 4x4 longbed with about 7k worth of equity in it that I don't need any longer. So I have been offering to barter the equity in it for a down payment and then finance the balance. In effect, he wants me to accept the bike for 7 to 7500. I didn't think it was the right move and thats when I came on and asked about it for some advice.

Thanks for all the input and PM's. There are a lot of purist and there are a lot of customs. I happen to like both styles. It's one of those things where you either really like something or really dislike it. In this case, I just couldn't make up my mind. But the drivability factor is probably my biggest turn-off on this particular FXR. I just don't think it would be enjoyable to cruise on for any length of time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yah, it's paint is a little out there...

I got drag bars and forwards on mine, comfy for me. I'm 5'11" , but have unnaturally long arms. longest ride I've been on mine is 4 hours, and I was feelin fine.

Personally don't think it's worth trading the F350 for though.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,763 Posts
Ha ha, hell no Joe! I love mine.. I don't need no stinking flames..

I will take that as a compliment you wanting mine. :D cheers buddy!
It is a compliment. Yours is personalized, but clean. That other one is not only painted ugly, the changes aren't integrated. It's not smooth. It looks like committee work.

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,763 Posts
^ I really enjoyed this last post!
Yeah, but you may be biased. (There's something familiar about your bike... I just can't put my finger on it.)

La Porte, huh? I lived in Deer Park; Lord, a long time ago. '76-'80. I loved the ride down the coast to Galveston. I hear the draw bridge is history now.

joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts