V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some Black Pearl HD paint to match my '05 RK.

The only paint I have found has been Pearl Black, and it seems to specify that it was for the 1990 color scheme line-up only.

Is this the same paint?

Code for the "1990" Pearl Black: 98603JE (Quart) and 98606JE (Aerosol).

Anyone know the code for the 2005 Black Pearl?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I'm usually someone that can find anything online if it's there. Unfortunately everywhere I looked it said call your dealer for the paint code.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
That's just another thing I love about my cop peace officer blue Ultra. You don't see em on every corner. My blue, at least in production is one of a kind.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never got the paint code, but the HD dealer here said he could get the paint at $180 a quart.

The paint for the 1990 HD Pearl Black, as opposed to the "Black Pearl" I need, was found online at $44 a quart. So either there is a huge dealer mark up or it simply ain't the same paint.

I'm just going to tell myself it's not the same paint if I end up buying it.

...I was going to buy an old FLHS fairing to paint and mount on my RK, but the cost is getting up there. I'm still undecided. Either buy the plain FLHS fairing that just mounts on the detachable windshield bracket for an estimated total cost of $700 or buy the Dead Center Cycles RK fairing that can mount a stereo and speakers for an estimated $1,500.

OR, just sell the RK and get the Ultra. :D After I'm done with all the mods, it probably would have been cheaper.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I'd call another dealer. try Ben Breece HD. you can order over the phone and they'll ship it to you. 419-523-4274
if you had the paint code you could get it cheaper online though.
did you try the web site someone else posted. or try this site
http://www.cyclecolor.com/id24.htm

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neither one of those website have the paint codes listed on the site, but I'm sure if I called up they could mix something together.

Any good color shop could mix the color, but I wanted "Official" HD paint. I'm sure it doesn't make sense, can be found elsewhere, etc., etc., but I feel better having the "same" paint that is on the bike.

The 1990 Pearl Black paint I found online was actual HD paint, but I have yet to find HD Black Pearl paint online.

Thanks for the number and help everyone, I'm going to give them a call when I start the project.

:D

·
drinker of fine ales
273 Posts
czar said:
Any good color shop could mix the color, but I wanted "Official" HD paint. I'm sure it doesn't make sense, can be found elsewhere, etc., etc., but I feel better having the "same" paint that is on the bike

:D
I'm pretty sure HD uses PPG paint as there " official" source. Gotta remember that it's basecoat/ clearcoat also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts