V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at Dragonfly brand shirts on the web here recently. I'm looking to find out how they run size wise. Should I buy my normal size or one size smaller, one size larger, or what? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Shabo

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have a few of them. They tend to run a little small especially in the shoulders so I would get a size larger than you would in a t-shirt.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
ditto

Monstermile said:
I have a few of them. They tend to run a little small especially in the shoulders so I would get a size larger than you would in a t-shirt.
I have 6 or 8 of 'em. I've had the area right behind the shoulder blade "blow out" on two. I guess you're not supposed to ride with them on. They have some pretty wild designs.
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
they are small.

the collars are too big, (i guess so they can put artwork on there) and they flap around and beat you to death.

they get hot & sweaty and stick to you, too.

they look good in the store, but aren't much good on the bike.

put your money in your motor....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought one, and only one. It didn't last through one 20 mile ride on the freeway. It was in shreds behind the shoulders (both sides). They do look good, but they aren't worth a crap:thumbsdn:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
The Renegade store here that sells them specifically warns NOT to wear them while riding unless under a jacket otherwise they'll shread.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Yeah I had the shoulders blow out on mine not even wearing them while riding. I did notice that they just came out with some new shirts that were more of a cotton material and not that silky junk that doesn't last.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply's guys. I'm surprised, I thought they were good quality shirts. Not sure where I got that impression, price maybe.

I wasn't looking for a riding shirt, I was gonna use them as a cover shirt when I carry a firearm concealed. I've always been a tucked in shirt kinda guy and am having a little difficulty finding what I consider to be good looking shirts that are meant to be untucked. The search continues!!

Shabo

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Try to find some Tommy Bahama shirts they are good quality. They might not have all the radical designs but IMHO they have some nice looking shirts.
Be warned though they are a bit pricey.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Hey dbshabo,

Have you looked at the Woolrich elite shirts? Short sleeved, square bottom with slits on each side that have mock buttons on the outside, but velcro underneath (same with the bottom button on front) to make it easy to lift the shirt fully away from a concealed sidearm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts