V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
... and not be able to look at it all winter???

I keep mine in my bedroom so I can fall asleep gazing upon its chrome wingy dings.

I told you to stop that.,m,.... I didn't do anything.,m kim mln..... did too..klkjnl...I said stop....

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
That seems like a damn good price to me. Do they let you get it whenever you want, for those freaky days in January when the temp is 58. Think of the bright side, when the fuker wont start, it is already at the dealer.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Dave1200C said:
I'm thinking about winter storage next year. Forty bucks is the price they gave me.
:roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:
Dave have you ever taken delivery of that scoot yet? And you are wondering where to store it next winter already? :puke:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
$40.00 for a WHOLE winter.That really does not sound right..Maybe 40.00 a week. I would double check that.......

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Just bring it to my house. We can put it in the basement and that's where it will stay aaaallllll winter:D :rolleyes:

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
TXCHOP said:
$40.00 for a WHOLE winter.That really does not sound right..Maybe 40.00 a week. I would double check that.......
It's only $40 for the whole winter because they're going to steal parts off of it to put on other bikes... LOL!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Lady Godiva said:
It's only $40 for the whole winter because they're going to steal parts off of it to put on other bikes... LOL!
:duh?: :hystria:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm guessing $40 is only a starting point. They will somehow convince you to "add on" a bunch of other services that you may or may not need. My prediction is they will squeeze several hundred out of you before Spring.

Tom

·
2008 Ultra
318 Posts
The first year I had my bike, the local dealer convinced me it was a good idea to use their winter storage facilty. $50.00/month, heated storage, secured site and it included the spring maintenance.

That was the winter, they had a great fire and the dealership burned to the ground. Good thing was, winter storage was offsite, so the scoot was OK, but it sure gave me a fright that morning when it was all over the news.

Ever since then it's parked in my unheated garage over the winter.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
8-Ball said:

I keep mine in my bedroom so I can fall asleep gazing upon its chrome wingy dings.

I told you to stop that.,m,.... I didn't do anything.,m kim mln..... did too..klkjnl...I said stop....

I'm with him er her er all of them

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Lady Godiva said:
sounds about right..Maybe even use it for testing new techs and parts...

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Do you have a garage with room? My truck stays outside. I like having ti at home. I don't like hassle, going to dealer, bringing home, somebody following, ect,

Not to mention you should have winter projects.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
As long as you will able to sleep at night then the answer is yes. Otherwise I would make a wider side door in your house and put the scoot inside. (Don't laugh i did it for a little while.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, I have stored my bike at the dealer for the last two winters. Living in Maine, I have an unheated garage and it made sense for me to take it to the dealer to store it in a dry, warm, safe environment. I wash and wax it before I take it in, they put my cover on it and when I pick it up in the Spring, its ready to go. As for having it available for those occasional nice days during the winter, all I can say is road salt is nasty stuff. The dealer charges 250.00 for the storage but if you buy 500.00 in accessories the storage is free. That just makes it easier to justify 500.00 in assessories to the Boss. I miss gazing upon its chrome wingy dings, but will do it again next year.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Dave1200C said:
I'm thinking about winter storage next year. Forty bucks is the price they gave me.
If I were to of done that I wouldn't have been able to ride it everytime it got to 30 and no snow or ice on the roads. Kind of like today is going to be. :xhere:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dave1200C said:

Yeah my dealer charge $400 for the winter. You get an oil change for that. and they will pick it up and deliver it back your house for you.
I'll be kicking my car out of the garage for the winter though.

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
8-Ball said:

You have winter?????

1 - 20 of 30 Posts