V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for my helmet to come in.The Jet II .I was wondering if anyone had one and how you like it.It seem real light the one i tryed on.Thanks

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have that one, really like it but for two things: it seems overly large (I don't mean the fit, but the thickness/O.D.) and the face sheild causes a loud whistle if you try to ride with it up, even partially. I got the clear as well as the tinted shields and they swap very easily. It is relatively light and quite comfortable.

(I am sort of in the market for a model that might be better on those two points above.)

;!pstwhore

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I was looking at that exact helmet and while surfing the net came across the AC3 from HJC. They are just about identical(doesn't HJC make helmets for HD?) other than the HD stickers. Oh yea, the HJC is about $70 less than the one from HD.

Let me round up some pics and I'll show you what I mean.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
My bad. I thought you were talking about the Ultra Jet helmet. It is almost the same as the Jet II. The HJC is on the right and the HD is on the left.

I did get the Ultra Jet from HJC and I agree with what msstch said about the physical size of the helmet, it is big. It might have something to do with the Snell rating. It is nice though. I got a clear shield for rain which is real easy to switch out with the visor. No tools and only about a minute to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
AhHAH! There's the other (third) thing that I don't like about this Jet II: No visor option! I ride almost everyday after work and I invariably find myself riding west into the afternoon sun and wishing I had a visor! Its probably starting to sound like i don't like this lid at all, but I really do like it. I just wish it were a small amount better.

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
Newest AC3

jeepwatchman said:
I was looking at that exact helmet and while surfing the net came across the AC3 from HJC. They are just about identical(doesn't HJC make helmets for HD?) other than the HD stickers. Oh yea, the HJC is about $70 less than the one from HD.

Let me round up some pics and I'll show you what I mean.
I just got the new AC-3 Carbon fiber. Looks and fits great, and is amazingly light. It is a little big, but as someone else said I believe the fact that it is Snell rated as well as DOT rated accounts for that. I also have the HJC AC-12 Carbon full face, which is very comfortable. I use the dark smoke shield with both. Never a need for sunglasses, and fine even on gray days. I almost never ride at night, but when I do I just leave the shield up and wear clear glasses.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I have been strongly considering the AC-3 Carbon helmet. Your comments have sold me. HJC makes a great helmet reasonably priced. I've got full, 3/4/, and 1/2 and have not been disappointed with any of them.

·
Rider
848 Posts
Been looking at the AC-3 myself. I e-mailed HJC about the weight and they wrote back saying the carbon was 1190 grams and the fiberglass was 1300 so not that much difference except for looks, price, and probably strength. I like the way the visor and windscreen fit into the helmet instead of 3 (5) snaps. My problem is that I have a quasi-waterhead so I'd really like to try one on before buying and the shops that carry them around here are few and far between.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a Jet II for two years and loved it. Just recently upgraded to the Ultra Jet which is only a few ounces heavier (which I can not even detect) and is SNELL APPROVED as well as DOT approved. It is a very comfortable helmet, and I wear it year round, even in the heat of the summer. Like it so much I just got my wife one. I highly recommend it and it's great because it gives you the option of visor or shield, and the shield moves up and down at the flick of a wrist.
TCB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts