V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all the post for the aftermarket seat manufacturers, I will agree that the factory seat is pathetic at best, particularly if your SO has to ride on the 5.25 inch strip on the back.

I like the HD P/N 52981-98A FLHRCI Seat. It has matching Road King Classic styling with a plated leather valence and chrome Road King Classic conchos. It features a thicker and wider passenger area for greater comfort. Seat width 14.5"; Passenger Pillion width 11.8".

Anyone have experience with the HD replacement Seats?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Hi HDVette,

My SO and I felt the same that the OEM seat just wouldn't cut it. We looked and all diff seats (HD, Mustang and Corbin) but decided on the HD Sundowner Touring (51615-99B). It also has styling that matches the "Classic" look. Check it out.

As soon as this %$#@! winter breaks and we can ride I'll let you know what I think about it. Good luck hunting

:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have the Harley RK Touring seat.... IN FACT had the same seat on my 01 Road King.... Wife and I liked it so much that we purchsed another for the 03 Road King..... Tried the Sun Downer First..... For what it's worth, the ride is not any better, in fact the bucket is further back making you reach a little further... Rider seat cushion is a little firmer too... Quickly went back to the RK Touring .....

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug,

Taking your lead, I ordered the HD P/N 52981-98A FLHRCI Seat....will let you known once the mount is complete.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are looking for a very cofortable seat and don't mind it being a little on the expensive side...look at the Danny Gray seats....I run a Harley Badlander when I go solo...When my wife goes...I put the Danny Gray touring seat on...very comfortable on long trips...Well worth the money....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts